Marvel’s Luke Cage, or simply Luke Cage, is an upcoming American web television series developed for Netflix by Cheo Hodari Coker, based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name.
Mike Colter stars as Luke Cage, a former convict with superhuman strength and unbreakable skin who now fights crime. Mahershala Ali, Alfre Woodard, Simone Missick, Theo Rossi, Frank Whaley, and Sônia Braga also star. Development of the series began in late 2013. In December 2014, Colter was cast as Cage, to appear first in Marvel’s Jessica Jones, with Coker hired as the showrunner in March 2015. Filming began in New York City in September 2015 and concluded in March 2016.
The series will have its premiere on September 28, 2016 in Harlem, with the full series of 13 episode releasing on Netflix on September 30.
- Mike Colter as Luke Cage:
A former convict with superhuman strength and unbreakable skin who now fights crime.
- Mahershala Alias Cornell “Cottonmouth” Stokes:
The owner of the Harlem’s Paradise nightclub who deals in illegal operations
- Alfre Woodardas Mariah Dillard:
A local politician and Stokes’ cousin looking to bring change to Harlem, whose life is “thrown into turmoil” by the actions of Cage and Stokes
- Simone Missickas Misty Knight:
A Harlem police detective with a strong sense of justice, who is determined to learn about Cage and is the partner of Rafael Scarfe.
- Theo Rossias “Shades” Alvarez:
A relentless, menacing, smooth and manipulative, street smart criminal, with ties to Cage’s past] Rossi called Shades “kind of the Littlefinger of Luke Cage.
- Frank Whaleyas Rafael Scarfe:
A hard-nosed police detective and partner of Misty Knight. Whaley called Scarfe’s relationship with Misty Knight one with “a great deal of love and respect for each other” given that Scarfe “is Misty’s mentor…
- . Sônia Braga as Soledad Temple: Claire Temple’s mother.
- Rosario Dawsonas Claire Temple:
A nurse in Hell’s Kitchen, whose friendship with Cage will affect both of their lives. Dawson reprises her role from the previous Marvel Netflix series.
- Frankie Faisonas Pops: The owner of a barber shop that Cage works at, who is considered Harlem’s father figure.
- Rob Morgan as Turk Barrett: A mob enforcer and arms dealer. Morgan reprises his role from Daredevil.
- Sean Ringgoldas Sugar
- Parisa Fitz-Henley as Reva Connors: Cage’s former wife.
- Karen Pittman
- Erik LaRay Harvey as Willis Stryker / Diamondback