“GHOST IN THE SHELL” follows the Major, a special ops, one-of-a-kind human-cyborg hybrid, who leads the elite task force Section 9. Devoted to stopping the most dangerous criminals and extremists, Section 9 is faced with an enemy whose singular goal is to wipe out Hanka Robotic¹s advancements in cyber technology.
- Scarlett Johansson as The Major She is a “full-body prosthesis” augmented-cybernetic human employed as the field commander of Public Security Section 9, a fictional law-enforcement division of the Japanese National Public Safety Commission. Being strong-willed, physically powerful, and highly intellectual, she is well known for her skills in deduction and hacking.
- Pilou Asbæk as Batou -Batou is a main male character in the Ghost in the Shell series, the second-best melee fighter in Section 9, and is the second in command under Major Motoko Kusanagi. While his name is officially romanized as “Batou”, in some copies of the first film’s subtitles and credits, it is spelled “Bateau”.
- Takeshi Kitano as Chief Daisuke Aramaki Lieutenant Colonel Aramaki is a strict chief, and is referred to by others in Section 9 as the “old ape” (most likely because in the original manga he was drawn with a face that appeared to be half monkey, half man). Even so, he is fiercely loyal to the members of Section 9, and often puts his own career on the line to ensure the survival of the rest of his team.
- Juliette Binoche as Dr. Ouelet
- Michael Pitt as Kuze
- Chin Han as Togusa Togusa is the second most prominently featured male character in the Ghost in the Shell manga and anime series. In Stand Alone Complex, as well as the original Ghost in the Shell movie, it is stated that he is the only member of Section 9 who has not undergone cybernetic replacement in some manner as he had been referred to as a natural. In the manga, he is cybernetic like all other members
- Lasarus Ratuere as Ishikawa
- Yutaka Izumihara as Saitois the ace sniper of Section 9. Among the members of Section 9 he is regarded as one of the least cyberized. He can handle any automatic firearm with deadly accuracy and precision, but his primary role is as the unit’s tactical sniper. His left eye was replaced with the “Hawkeye”, a prosthetic eye that interfaces with satellites to allow for shots of incredible accuracy. He is also valued for his ability to think like enemy snipers; on two separate occasions his ability at determining sniping locations impacted Section 9’s actions.
- Tuwanda Manyimo as Borma He is the only Section 9 operative with similar height and enhanced strength to Batou, though his optics are clearly a different color and might therefore be another model with different capabilities. Both his eyes and his baldness are his trademark features.
- Pete Teo as Tony
- Yuta Kazama as Data Host