Moana spent its second consecutive weekend at the top of the national box office .
The Diseny animated adventure picked up $28.4 million to push its domestic haul to $119.9 million .
A sweeping, CG-animated adventure about a spirited teenager who sails out on a daring mission to prove herself a master wayfinder and fulfill her ancestors’ unfinished quest. During her journey, Moana meets the once-mighty demi-god Maui, and together, they traverse the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous fiery creatures and impossible odds.
- Auli’i Cravalho as Moana Waialiki, the daughter of a village chief.
- Louise Bush as toddler Moana
- Dwayne Johnson as Maui, a legendary shapeshifting demigod who sets off with Moana on her journey.
- Rachel House as Gramma Tala, Moana’s grandmother. Like Moana, Tala shares a passion for the ocean.
- Temuera Morrison as Chief Tui Waialiki, Moana’s overprotective father and chief of Motunui Island.
- Christopher Jackson as the singing voice of Tui
- Nicole Scherzinger as Sina Waialiki, Moana’s mother and Tui’s wife.
- Jemaine Clement as Tamatoa, a giant treasure-hoarding coconut crab from Lalotai, the Realm of Monsters.
- Alan Tudyk as Heihei, Moana’s pet rooster, described by director Ron Clements as “the dumbest character in the history of Disney animation.”
- Tudyk also provided the voice of a character credited as, Villager #3
- Oscar Kightley as Fisherman
- Troy Polamalu as Villager #1
Pua’s voice is provided by the use of several pigs
|Moana (Deluxe Edition Soundtrack)|
|Soundtrack album by Various artists|
|Released||November 18, 2016|
|Studio||Eastwood Scoring Stage, Warner Bros., Los Angeles (score)
Elbo Studios, Avatar Studios, The Hit Factory, NRG Recording Studios, Red Horse Studios, University of the South Pacific
The film’s soundtrack was released b y Walt Disney Records on November 18, 2016. The songs are written by Opetaia Foa’i, Mark Mancina, and Lin-Manuel Miranda, while the score is written by Mancina.The lyrics are in English and the Tokelauan language. The soundtrack peaked at number five on the Billboard 200.
2. Fantastic Besast and Where to Find them – $18.5m
3. Arrival – $ 7.3m
4.Alilied – $7.m
5 Doctor Strange – $6.5m