WILLIAMSBURG, Brooklyn – Love it or hate it, Santacon will be back.
It kicks off in Williamsburg at 10 a.m. on Dec. 10, according to organizers.
Santacon is yearly parade of about 20,000 people, all dressed as Santa Claus and in other Christmas-themed costumes.
The parade has received a lot of negative press over the years for bad behavior by drunk participants.
When is SantaCon NYC?
A parade of drunk Santas, reindeer and snowmen will gallivant through the city on Saturday, December 10 starting at 10am.
Where is SantaCon NYC?
In recent years, SantaCon has gotten a pretty bad rap. (Some bars even refuse to serve anyone dressed in holiday costumes). Those not dissuaded and determined to party should follow @SantaCon on Twitter and check out the event’s website (santacon.nyc) for the starting location as well as updates throughout the day, including the official bar crawl route.
Participating Santas will need to make a $10 donation to local charities for access to the seven main venues along the route, listed below. Another change from last year: Instead of a wristband, your $10 will buy you an awesome blinking LED pendant.
- Ainsworth Park, 111 East 18th St.(Flatiron/Gramercy area)
- 230 Fifth Rooftop Bar, 230 5th Ave.(Flatiron/NoMad area)
- Slake, 251 West 30th St. (Midtown/Chelsea area)
- Madison Square Tavern, 150 West 30th St.(Midtown/Chelsea area)
- Webster Hall, 125 East 11th St. (East Village/Union Square area)
- Bar 13, 35 East 13th St. (East Village/Union Square area)
- Solas, 232 East 9th St. (East Village)