1 .John Wick: Chapter Two February 10, 2017
Legendary hitman John Wick is forced back out of retirement by a former associate plotting to seize control of a shadowy international assassins’ guild. Bound by a blood oath to help him, John travels to Rome where he squares off against some of the world’s deadliest killers
- Keanu Reeves as Jonathan “John” Wick / “Baba Yaga”, an ex-hitman.
- Common as the head of security for a female crime lord.
- Laurence Fishburne as The Bowler King.
- Riccardo Scamarcio as Santino, an assassin
- Ruby Rose as Ares, an assassin
- John Leguizamo as Aurelio, the owner of a high-end chop shop.
- Ian McShane as Winston, the owner of the Continental Hotel.
- Bridget Moynahan as Helen Wick, John’s deceased wife.
- Lance Reddick as Charon, the concierge at the Continental Hotel.
- Thomas Sadoski as Jimmy, a police officer and friend of John’s.
- David Patrick Kelly as Charlie, the cleaner
- Peter Stormare
- Franco Nero
- Peter Serafinowicz
2 The Lego Batman Movie opens Feb 10
The Lego Batman Movie is an upcoming 2017 American-Danish 3D computer-animated action-comedy superhero film and produced by Warner Animation Group. It will be directed by Chris McKay, produced by Dan Lin, Roy Lee, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, and written by Seth Grahame-Smith. It is a spin-off of the 2014 film The Lego Movie, focusing on the DC Comics character Batman, set in the same universe as the previous film. It stars the voices of Will Arnett, Zach Galifianakis, Michael Cera, Rosario Dawson, and Ralph Fiennes.
3 Get Out Get Out opens Feb 24
Now that Chris and his girlfriend, Rose, have reached the meet-the-parents milestone of dating, she invites him for a weekend getaway upstate with Missy and Dean. At first, Chris reads the family’s overly accommodating behavior as nervous attempts to deal with their daughter’s interracial relationship, but as the weekend progresses, a series of increasingly disturbing discoveries lead him to a truth that he could have never imagined.
4 T2 Trainspotting
20 years after the previous film, Mark Renton (Ewan McGregor) returns to Scotland to make amends with his friends, Daniel “Spud” Murphy (Ewen Bremner) and Simon “Sick Boy” Williamson (Jonny Lee Miller), whilst avoiding the psychopathic Francis “Franco” Begbie (Robert Carlyle), who has recently been released from prison.
- Ewan McGregor as Mark “Rent Boy” Renton
- Ewen Bremner as Daniel “Spud” Murphy
- Jonny Lee Miller as Simon “Sick Boy” Williamson
- Robert Carlyle as Francis “Franco” Begbie
- Kelly Macdonald as Diane Coulston
- James Cosmo as Mr. Renton
- Shirley Henderson as Gail Houston
- Irvine Welsh as Mikey Forrester
5 Kong: Skull Island March 10, 2017
- Tom Hiddleston as Captain James Conrad, a former British SAS officer from 1965 to 1971, and a hunter-tracker.
- Samuel L. Jackson as Packard, a Lieutenant Colonel in the US Army hired to chopper the group of explorers on an expedition.
- John Goodman as William “Bill” Randa, a government official in charge of the expedition.
- Brie Larson as Weaver, a war photojournalist and peace activist.
- Jing Tian as San
- Toby Kebbell as Chapman, a Major in the US Army and right hand man to Packard.
- John Ortiz
- Corey Hawkins
- Jason Mitchell as Glenn Mill, a helicopter pilot.
- Shea Whigham
- Thomas Mann as Blake Simpson, a young soldier on the expedition.
- Terry Notary as Kong (motion capturer
- John C. Reilly
The fantastic journey of Belle, a bright, beautiful and independent young woman who is taken prisoner by a beast in his castle. Despite her fears, she befriends the castle’s enchanted staff and learns to look beyond the Beast’s hideous exterior and realize the kind heart and soul of the true Prince within.
- Emma Watson as Belle
- Dan Stevens as Beast
- Luke Evans as Gaston
- Kevin Kline as Maurice
- Josh Gad as Le Fou
- Ewan McGregor as Lumière
- Stanley Tucci as Cadenza
- Ian McKellen as Cogsworth
- Emma Thompson as Mrs. Potts
- Audra McDonald as Garderobe
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Plumette
- Nathan Mack as Chip
- Adrian Schiller as Monsieur D’Arque
- Hattie Morahan as Agathe
6 Ghost in the Shell March 31 2017
Ghost in the Shell is a Japanese media franchise originally published as a seinen manga series of the same name written and illustrated by Masamune Shirow. The manga, first serialized in 1989 under the subtitle of The Ghost in the Shell, and later published as its own tankōbon volumes by Kodansha, told the story of the fictional counter-cyberterrorist organization Public Security Section 9, led by protagonist Major Motoko Kusanagi, in the mid 21st century of Japan.
Cyborg counter-cyberterrorist field commander The Major (Scarlett Johansson), and her task force Section 9 thwart cyber criminals and hackers. Now, they must face a new enemy who will stop at nothing to sabotage Hanka Robotic’s artificial intelligence technology.
- Scarlett Johansson as The Major
- Pilou Asbæk as Batou
- Takeshi Kitano as Chief Daisuke Aramaki
- Juliette Binoche as Dr. Ouélet
- Michael Pitt as Kuze
- Chin Han as Togusa
- Lasarus Ratuere as Ishikawa
- Yutaka Izumihara as Saito
- Tuwanda Manyimo as Borma
- Pete Teo as Tony
- Yuta Kazama as Data Host
- Rila Fukushima
- Kaori Momoi
- Danusia Samal
- Michael Wincott
7 The Fate of the Furious April 14 2017
The Fate of the Furious is an upcoming 2017 American action film directed by F. Gary Gray and written by Chris Morgan. It is the eighth installment in The Fast and the Furious franchise. The cast currently consists of Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Dwayne Johnson, Tyrese Gibson, Ludacris, Lucas Black, Scott Eastwood, Kurt Russell, Jason Statham, and Charlize Theron
8 The Dinner opens May 5
This film was originally intended to mark the directorial debut of Cate Blanchett, but somewhere along the line she stepped aside and handed the reins to screenwriter Oren Moverman (also of the superb Brian Wilson drama Love & Mercy). The project still has us salivating: Richard Gere and Steve Coogan play brothers discussing a crime their children have committed.
9 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 May 5 2017
- Chris Pratt as Peter Quill / Star-Lord:The half-human, half-alien leader of the Guardians of the Galaxy who was abducted from Earth as a child and raised by a group of alien thieves and smugglers called the Ravagers.Describing where Quill is at the start of the film, Pratt said, “he’s famous now in the galaxy for having saved so many people… He feels like he’s part of this group, a leader of this group. He’s a little more responsible and trying to stay out of trouble, but not necessarily doing the best job.” Pratt stated that working on the film forced him to come to terms with the death of his father.Pratt returns as part of a multi-film contract with Marvel.
- Zoe Saldana as Gamora:A member of the Guardians who is an orphan from an alien world who seeks redemption for her past crimes. She was trained by Thanos to be his personal assassin.
- Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer:A member of the Guardians and warrior in search of vengeance against Thanos for killing his family.
- Vin Diesel as Groot: -A member of the Guardians who is a tree-like humanoid and the accomplice of Rocket. Diesel also provided Groot’s voice for sixteen foreign-language releases of the film, up from six in the first film. As Groot is smaller in the film than in the first and known as “Baby Groot”, executive producer Jonathan Schwartz said, “He doesn’t have the wisdom and experience of that Groot. He’s a younger Groot and a more rambunctious Groot.” Schwartz also stated the film would examine if he was “the same Groot, just smaller? Or is he a different Groot that’s sprung up from the seed of the first Groot?”Diesel added that Baby Groot “couldn’t be more naive” and felt the Groot seen in the first film was “a college level Groot. He’s not fully grown yet, but he’s a man… now he has to start all over, so to speak. So we’re going to see this goofy, adorable, baby Groot thing running around the screen. Just kinda learning as he goes.
- Bradley Cooper as Rocket: -A member of the Guardians who is a genetically engineered raccoon-based bounty hunter and mercenary, and is a master of weapons and battle tactics. Sean Gunn once again serves as the stand-in for the character during filming, stating that, similar to the first film, “Rocket has the same sort of crisis of faith about whether or not he belongs in this family.”
- Michael Rooker as Yondu Udonta: -A blue-skinned buccaneer who is the leader of the Ravagers, a fatherly figure to Quill, and member of the Guardians.Yondu has a larger head fin in the film, bringing the character’s look closer to his comic counterpart.
- Karen Gillan as Nebula:-An adopted daughter of Thanos who was raised with Gamora as siblings, and a member of the Guardians.Despite being a member of the Guardians team, Gunn cautioned, “With Nebula, well, you never know what’s up with that one.”Gunn stated the production team may have figured out a way for Gillan not to have to shave her head for the role, unlike in the first film,for which Gillan noted her appreciation in not having to do. Gillan stated the film would further explore the sisterly relationship between Nebula and Gamora.
- Sean Gunn as Kraglin: Yondu’s first mate in the Ravagers.James Gunn confirmed that Kraglin would have an expanded role compared to the previous film.
- Glenn Close as Irani Rael: Supreme Commander of the Nova Corps, known as Nova Prime, whose mission is to protect the citizens of the Nova Empire and keep peace.
- Pom Klementieff as Mantis:A member of the Guardians with empathic powers who was raised by Ego
- Schwartz said the character “has never really experienced social interaction”, and “learns about dealing with people” and “social intricacies” from the other Guardians.
- Elizabeth Debicki as Ayesha: The golden High Priestess and the leader of the Sovereign people, who enlists help of the Guardians.
- Chris Sullivan as Taserface: -The leader of a mutinous group of the Ravagers.Gunn originally posted a photo of the comic book character on his social media after landing Guardians of the Galaxy, calling him “the dumbest character of all time” and that he would never feature the character in a film. When it came time to craft this character, Gunn felt the character had named himself and decided on Taserface, and described him as “a real dumbass” as well as “a very powerful guy.”
- Kurt Russell as Ego: -An ancient and mysterious cosmic being who is Quill’s father and raises Mantis.Ego does not appear in the film in his planetary form as in the comics, but instead assumes a humanoid guise. Considering Russell for the role was suggested to Gunn by Pratt, as Gunn did not have Russell “in [his] head initially” for the role
- Aaron Schwartz portrays a younger version of Ego
12 Snatched opens May 12
Amy Schumer says she pestered Goldie Hawn for years to star in this roadtrip comedy, in which a woman takes her mom on a holiday to South America after being dumped by her boyfriend. The dirty trailer includes an already-classic spit take; we’re hoping that’s not the best joke.
- Amy Schumer as Emily
- Goldie Hawn as Emily’s mother
- Christopher Meloni as Roger Simmons
- Ike Barinholtz
- Óscar Jaenada
- Wanda Sykes
13 Alien: Covenant May 19, 2017
Alien: Covenant is an upcoming American science-fiction horror film directed by Ridley Scott and written by Jack Paglen, Michael Green, and John Logan. It is the sequel to the 2012 film Prometheus, the second installment in the Alien prequel series, and sixth installment overall in the Alien film series. The film stars Michael Fassbender, Noomi Rapace, and Guy Pearce, returning in their roles from Prometheus, with newcomers Katherine Waterston, Danny McBride, Demián Bichir, Billy Crudup and James Franco.
- Michael Fassbender as Walter and David: Walter is a synthetic android created by the Weyland Corporation, who assists the crew aboard Covenant.David was an earlier-made, less advanced android, formerly a crew member of the destroyed Prometheus.
- Katherine Waterston as Daniels: A terraforming expert aboard the Covenant.
- Billy Crudup as the new captain of the Covenant.
- Danny McBride as the pilot of the Covenant.
- Demián Bichir
- Carmen Ejogo
- Amy Seimetz as Faris
- Jussie Smollett
- Callie Hernandez
- Nathaniel Dean
- Alexander England
- Benjamin Rigby
- Noomi Rapace as Dr. Elizabeth Shaw: An archaeologist, formerly a crew member of the destroyed Prometheus.
- Guy Pearce as Peter Weyland: The billionaire founder and CEO of Weyland Corporation, who died before the destruction of the Prometheus.
- James Franco as Branson: The original captain of the Covenant and the husband of Daniels.
- Uli Latukefu
- Tess Haubrich
- Goran D. Kleut
- Matt Scaletti
14 Wonder Woman June 3 2017
In the early 20th century, the Amazon princess Diana, who is living on the island of Themyscira, meets American military pilot Steve Trevor when he is washed ashore. After learning from him about the ongoing events of World War I, she leaves her home to bring an early end to the war.
- Gal Gadot as Diana Prince / Wonder Woman:The Amazon princess and immortal warrior.
- Emily Carey portrays young Diana
- Chris Pine as Steve Trevor:A fighter pilot in the United States military and love interest of Diana Prince.
- Connie Nielsen as Queen Hippolyta:The Amazon queen of Themyscira and Diana’s mother. Nielsen had previously been considered for the role of Lara Lor-Van, Superman‘s mother, in Man of Steel.
- Robin Wright as General Antiope:The sister of Hippolyta and Diana’s aunt.
- Lucy Davis as Etta Candy:Steve Trevor’s secretary who befriends Diana.
- Lisa Loven Kongsli as Menalippe:Antiope’s lieutenant.
15 The Beguiled opens June 30
Clint Eastwood’s 1971 original is one of his more underrated pieces of screen work, subversive for telling a story of a crippled Civil War soldier dominated by a house of women. Sofia Coppola takes on the remake; we expect the script’s psychological warfare to be sharpened to a prickly point. Her cast includes Kirsten Dunst, Elle Fanning, Nicole Kidman and Colin Farrell.
16 Dunkirk opens July 21
Few filmmakers tell grander stories than Christopher Nolan, and stories don’t come much grander than the British retreat from Dunkirk in the face of overwhelming Nazi forces during WWII. This looks like a modern-day version of one of those sprawling wartime epics you’d watch on a Sunday afternoon.
17.The Dark Tower July 28 2017
Jake Chambers (Tom Taylor) is a young 11-year-old adventure seeker who discovers clues about another dimension called Mid-World. Upon following the mystery, he is spirited away to the land Mid-World where he encounters the lone frontiersman knight Roland Deschain (Idris Elba) who is on a quest to reach the “Dark Tower” that resides in End-World and reach the nexus point between time and space that he hopes will save Mid-World from extinction. But with various monsters and a vicious sorcerer (Matthew McConaughey) hot on their trail, the unlikely duo find that their quest may be difficult to complete.
- Idris Elba as Roland Deschain An frontiersman knight whose primary weapon is not a sword but a pair of revolvers.
- Matthew McConaughey as Walter Padick -An ageless deceiver and sorcerer who also seeks to reach the tower and rule over its seemingly infinite kingdoms.
- Tom Taylor as Jake Chambers A young boy who Roland must call upon to complete his journey, and a son-like figure to Deschain.Taylor won the role after an international search to find the young actor who would serve as the protegé of Deschain.
- Katheryn Winnick as Laurie Chambers
- Jackie Earle Haley as Sayre
- Fran Kranz as Pimli
- Abbey Lee Kershaw as Tirana
- Michael Barbieri as Timmy
- Claudia Kim as Arra Champignon
- José Zúñiga as Dr. Hotchkiss
- Alex McGregor as Susan Delgado
- Nicholas Hamilton as Lucas Hanson
- De-Wet Nagel as Taheen Tech[
18 Baby Driver opens Aug 11
He hasn’t directed a film since 2013’s The World’s End, so we’re more than ready to welcome Shaun of the Dead genius Edgar Wright back. His new film sounds like a like a hot blast of Tarantino-type fun: a crime comedy about a getaway driver (Ansel Elgort) who finds himself in trouble when his heist goes wrong.
19 Blade Runner 2049 October 6, 2017
Blade Runner 2049 is an upcoming 2017 American science fiction film directed by Denis Villeneuve and co-produced by Ridley Scott, written by Hampton Fancher and Michael Green. It is the sequel to Blade Runner and sees Harrison Ford reprise his role as Rick Deckard. Alongside Ford, it will also star an ensemble cast including Ryan Gosling, Robin Wright, Dave Bautista, Sylvia Hoeks, Ana de Armas, Carla Juri, David Dastmalchian, Barkhad Abdi, Lennie James and Jared Leto.
Thirty years after the events of the first film, a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K (Ryan Gosling), unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what’s left of society into chaos. K’s discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years.
- Ryan Gosling as LAPD Officer K
- Harrison Ford as Rick Deckard
- Ana de Armas as Joi
19 Star Wars: Episode VIII opens Dec 15
Will Luke train Rey as a Jedi? Will Chewie get over Han’s death? Will Kylo Ren succeed in his quest to have the galaxy just like his grandfather Dark Varder.
20 Battle of the Sexes will be released in 2017
An upcoming American sports comedy-drama film directed by Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris and written by Simon Beaufoy. The film stars Emma Stone, Steve Carell, Andrea Riseborough, Elisabeth Shue, Austin Stowell, and Sarah Silverman.
- Emma Stone as Billie Jean King
- Steve Carell as Bobby Riggs
- Andrea Riseborough as Marilyn Barnett
- Elisabeth Shue as Mrs Riggs
- Austin Stowell as Larry King
- Sarah Silverman as Gladys Heldman
- Alan Cumming as Ted Tinling
- Natalie Morales as Rosie Casals
- Eric Christian Olsen as Lornie Kuhle
- Jessica McNamee as Margaret Court
- Martha MacIsaac as Jane Bartkowicz
21 The Kidnapping of Edgardo Mortara
Pope Pius IX
22 .Stronger will be released in 2017
It won’t be the first film in 2017 to deal with the Boston Marathon bombing—that honor goes to the Mark Wahlberg vehicle Patriots Day—but it’s the one we’re most interested in. Based on the true story of survivor Jeff Bauman, who lost both legs in the attack, the film stars Jake Gyllenhaal and Miranda Richardson.
23 Suburbicon will be released in 2017
George Clooney returns to directing with this 1950s-set black comedy set in the sleepy town of Suburbicon. Matt Damon stars as an ordinary guy plotting to kill his wife so that he can hook up with her sister (Julianne Moore). His plan goes awry when his kid starts snooping. Clooney cowrote the script with the Coens.
24Suspiriawill be released in 2017
A remake of Dario Argento’s 1977 horror masterpiece? Sacrilege. But this is no ordinary horror reboot: The director is Luca Guadagnino of I Am Love and A Bigger Splash, and he’s bringing along those films’ magnetic star, Tilda Swinton, to play the ballet-school headmistress at the center of a coven of witches.
25 Untitled new Kathryn Bigelow moviewill be released in 2017
In the long, hot summer of 1967, a police raid on a Detroit bar exploded into a four-day riot. In her first feature since Zero Dark Thirty, director Kathryn Bigelow explores a bleak chapter of American history. She’s assembled a stellar cast: John Boyega, John Krasinski, Kaitlyn Dever and Anthony Mackie have roles.