Check out the Inhumans teaser trailer below. Scott Buck (Marvel’s Iron Fist) serves as showrunner, and the cast also includes Anson Mount as Black Bolt, Serinda Swan as Medusa, Eme Ikwuakor as Gorgon, Isabelle Cornish as Crystal, Ken Leung as Karnak, Ellen Woglom as an undisclosed character, Sonya Balmores as Auran, and Mike Moh as Triton. The first two episodes of Inhumans will be shown globally in IMAX theaters starting September 1st and running for two weeks.
Marvel’s Inhumans explores the never-before-told epic adventure of the royal family including Black Bolt, the enigmatic, commanding King of the Inhumans, with a voice so powerful that the slightest whisper can destroy a city. After the Royal Family of Inhumans is splintered by a military coup, they barely escape to Hawaii where their surprising interactions with the lush world and humanity around them may prove to not only save them, but Earth itself. The legendary comic book series will be brought to life in a way that has never been done before, as a version of the first two episodes will be shown globally in IMAX theatres for a two-week period beginning September 1, 2017. ABC will then air the entirety of the series on the network, with additional exclusive content that can only been seen on ABC.
Cast and characters
- Anson Mount as Black Bolt: the Head of the Inhuman Royal Family and King of Attilan, whose voice can cause destruction with the slightest whisper.Showrunner Scott Buck said it was “a little bit difficult” to write for the character since he “does not speak, but yet he is our hero and the center of the show, so it does certainly present challenges in how you tell his story.” Buck specifically ruled out the series using voice over, with Black Bolt instead seen communicating via sign language. Buck added, “he’s also a very enigmatic character as well, and he keeps a lot inside. That’s part of what’s so fascinating about him is that a lot of times, we don’t know what he’s thinking.”
- Serinda Swan as Medusa: the wife of Black Bolt and Queen of Attilan, who has the ability to move and control her hair.
- Iwan Rheon as Maximus: an Inhuman with a strong devotion to the people of Attilan, who desires to be king over his brother Black Bolt.Buck called Rheon’s version of the character “a different, more complicated, more real, and more compelling version” than the comic counterpart as the writers “didn’t want to create just a simple villain who’s evil for the sake of being evil.”
- Ken Leung as Karnak: Black Bolt’s cousin and closest adviser, who can “see the fault in all things” and acts as the Royal Family’s strategist and philosopher.
- Eme Ikwuakor as Gorgon: Black Bolt’s cousin and leader of Attilan’s military, who can generate seismic waves with his hooves.
- Isabelle Cornish as Crystal: Medusa’s sister and the youngest member of the Royal Family, who has the ability to control the elements.
- Mike Moh as Triton: Black Bolt’s cousin who has the ability to live underwater.
- Sonya Balmores as Auran: the Head of the Royal Guards on Attilan, with a fierce loyalty to Black Bolt.
- Ellen Woglom as someone who works at a private aerospace company with a personal passion for space and things related to the Moon.Buck noted Woglom’s character was not from the comic books, but rather created for the series.
Crystal’s 2,000-pound (910 kg) teleporting canine companion Lockjaw also appears in the series, created through CGI.