Thousands of fans attended the 40th Anniversary panel at Star Wars Celebration Orlando, which opened Thursday with an emotional video tribute to fans of the space opera saga.
Even though critics and “certain fans” have been hard on Lucas at times, the reaction he has gotten from kids through the years has made it all worth it.
“When you see all these kids, when you see the look on their face, everything is forgiven,” he said.
Once the former Sith actors departed the stage, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew and Billy Dee Williams took over.
Daniels — the only actor to appear in all eight movies in the saga — fondly recalled a moment from the filming of the scene where C-3PO and R2-D2 walk towards Jabba’s Palace in “Return of the Jedi,” where Lucas crouched behind him and beeped.
Finally, they were soon joined by Mark Hamill, who expressed his gratitude to the fans before he and Lucas talked about the process of casting Luke Skywalker more than four decades ago.
Fisher’s daughter Billy Lourd, in a white dress, joined the pair and recited Leia’s iconic message to Obi-Wan Kenobi from “A New Hope” before talking about the lessons her mother imparted.
“She taught me that if life isn’t funny, then it’s just true — and that is unacceptable,” she said.
The panel concluded with one last surprise; legendary composer John Williams conducting the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra as they played “Princess Leia’s Theme,” “Main Titles” and the sinister “Imperial March,” which Lucas referred to as “the secret sauce of ‘Star Wars.'”
Fans were also treated to video messages from actors Liam Neeson and Samuel Jackson, whose Jedi characters Qui-Gon Jinn and Mace Windu were slain in the prequel trilogy.
Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope) is a 1977 American epic space opera film written and directed by George Lucas. The first installment in the Star Wars film series, it stars Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Peter Cushing, and Alec Guinness. David Prowse, James Earl Jones, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, and Peter Mayhew co-star in supporting roles.
- Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker: a young man raised by his aunt and uncle on Tatooine, who dreams of something more than his current life and learns the way of a Jedi.
- Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia: a member of the Imperial Senate and leader of the Rebel Alliance.
- Harrison Ford as Han Solo: a cynical smuggler hired by Obi-Wan and Luke to take them to Alderaan in his ship, the Millennium Falcon, co-piloted with Chewbacca.
- Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Tarkin: Governor of the Imperial Outland Regions and commander of the Death Star.
- Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan “Ben” Kenobi: an aging Jedi Master who fought during the Clone Wars, survivor of the Great Jedi Purge, and who introduces Luke to the Force.
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO: a protocol droid who speaks over six million languages.
- Kenny Baker as R2-D2: an astromech droid who is carrying the Death Star plans and a secret message for Obi-Wan from Princess Leia.
- Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca: a 200-year-old Wookiee, Han Solo’s sidekick, and first mate of the Millennium Falcon.
- David Prowse as Darth Vader (voiced by James Earl Jones): A Sith lord, second in command of the Galactic Empire, who hopes to destroy the Rebel Alliance.
The galaxy is in the midst of a civil war. Spies for the Rebel Alliance have stolen plans to the Galactic Empire’s Death Star, a heavily armed space station capable of destroying an entire planet. Rebel leader Princess Leia has the plans, but her ship is captured by Imperial forces under the command of the evil Darth Vader. Before she is captured, Leia hides the plans in the memory of an astromech droid, R2-D2, along with a holographic recording. R2-D2 flees to the surface of the desert planet Tatooine with C-3PO, a protocol droid.The droids are captured by Jawa traders, who sell them to moisture farmers Owen and Beru Lars and their nephew Luke Skywalker. While cleaning R2-D2, Luke accidentally triggers part of Leia’s message, in which she requests help from Obi-Wan Kenobi. The next morning, Luke finds R2-D2 searching for Obi-Wan, and meets Ben Kenobi, an old hermit who lives in the hills and reveals himself to be Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan tells Luke of his days as one of the Jedi Knights, former Galactic Republic peacekeepers with supernatural powers derived from an energy called The Force, who were all but wiped out by the Empire. Contrary to his uncle’s statements, Luke learns that his father, Anakin, fought alongside Obi-Wan as a Jedi Knight. Obi-Wan tells Luke that Vader was his former pupil who turned to the dark side of the Force and killed Anakin. Obi-Wan then presents to Luke his father’s weapon – a lightsaber.Obi-Wan views Leia’s complete message, in which she begs him to take the Death Star plans to her home planet of Alderaan and give them to her father for analysis. Obi-Wan invites Luke to accompany him to Alderaan and learn the ways of the Force. Luke declines, but changes his mind after discovering that Imperial stormtroopers searching for C-3PO and R2-D2 have destroyed his home and killed his aunt and uncle. Obi-Wan and Luke hire smuggler Han Solo and his Wookiee first mate Chewbacca to transport them to Alderaan on Han’s ship, the Millennium Falcon.Upon the Falcon‘s arrival at the location of Alderaan, the group discover that the planet has been destroyed by order of the Death Star’s commanding officer, Grand Moff Tarkin, as a show of power. The Falcon is captured by the Death Star’s tractor beam and brought into its hangar bay. While Obi-Wan goes to disable the tractor beam, Luke discovers that Leia is imprisoned aboard, and with the help of Han and Chewbacca, rescues her. After several escapes, the group makes its way back to the Falcon. Obi-Wan disables the tractor beam, and on the way back to the Falcon, he engages in a lightsaber duel with Vader. Once he is sure the others can escape, Obi-Wan allows himself to be killed. The Falcon escapes from the Death Star, unknowingly carrying a tracking beacon, which the Empire follows to the Rebels’ hidden base on Yavin IV.The Rebels analyze the Death Star’s plans and identify a vulnerable exhaust port that connects to the station’s main reactor. Luke joins the Rebel assault squadron, while Han collects his payment for the transport and intends to leave, despite Luke’s request that he stay and help. In the ensuing battle, the Rebels suffer heavy losses after several unsuccessful attack runs, leaving Luke as one of the few surviving pilots. Vader leads a squadron of TIE fighters and prepares to attack Luke’s X-wing fighter, but Han returns and fires on the Imperials, sending Vader spiraling away. Helped by guidance from Obi-Wan’s spirit, Luke uses the Force and successfully destroys the Death Star seconds before it can fire on the Rebel base. Back on Yavin IV, Leia awards Luke and Han with medals for their heroism.
Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back) is a 1980 American epic space opera film directed by Irvin Kershner. Leigh Brackett and Lawrence Kasdan wrote the screenplay, with George Lucas writing the film’s story and serving as executive producer. The second installment in the original Star Wars trilogy, it was produced by Gary Kurtz for Lucasfilm Ltd. and stars Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, Anthony Daniels, David Prowse, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew and Frank Oz.
- Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker: A Jedi in training, who is powerfully connected with the Force.
- Harrison Ford as Han Solo: A smuggler and Captain of the Millennium Falcon.
- Carrie Fisher as Leia Organa: A leader of the Rebel Alliance, the former Princess of the destroyed planet Alderaan.
- Billy Dee Williams as Lando Calrissian: Administrator of Cloud City and an old friend to Han Solo.
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO: A humanoid protocol droid in the Rebel Alliance.
- David Prowse as Darth Vader: A warrior of the dark side of the Force and the Emperor’s second-in command. The character’s voice is provided by James Earl Jones.
- Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca: A Wookiee and loyal friend to Han Solo.
- Kenny Baker as R2-D2: An astromech droid in the Rebel Alliance and long-time friend to C-3PO. He also portrays a GONK power droid in the background.
- Frank Oz as Yoda: The wise, centuries-old Grand Master of the Jedi, who is Luke’s self-exiled Jedi Master living on Dagobah.
- Jeremy Bulloch portrays Boba Fett: A bounty hunter, hired by the Galactic Empire.
- Several different actors portray the Emperor: The evil ruler of the Galactic Empire and Darth Vader’s powerful Sith Master, who appears via hologram.
- Alec Guinness appears briefly as Obi-Wan Kenobi’s Force-ghost: Luke’s deceased mentor, who guides him to Yoda.
Three years after the destruction of the Death Star, the Rebel Alliance has been driven from their former base on Yavin IV by the Galactic Empire. The Rebels, led by Princess Leia, have set up their new base on the ice planet Hoth. The Imperial fleet, led by Darth Vader, continues to hunt for the Rebels’ new base by dispatching probe droids across the galaxy.While investigating a potential meteor strike, Luke Skywalker is injured and captured by a wampa, a yeti-like creature. He manages to escape from its cave with his lightsaber, but soon succumbs to the brutally cold temperatures and collapses. The force ghost of his late mentor, Obi-Wan Kenobi, instructs him to go to the Dagobah system to train under Jedi Master Yoda. He is found by Han Solo, whose tauntaun collapses and dies, and then he uses its warmth to keep Luke warm while he sets up a shelter. Han and Luke make it through the night and are rescued by a search party.On patrol, Han and Chewbacca discover the meteor Luke had planned to investigate is actually a probe droid, which alerts the Empire to the Rebels’ location. The Empire launches a large-scale attack, using AT-AT Walkers to capture the base. Despite heavy resistance, the Walkers destroy the base’s shield generator and force the Rebels to retreat. Han and Leia escape on the Millennium Falcon with C-3PO and Chewbacca, but their hyperdrive malfunctions. They hide in an asteroid field, where Han and Leia grow closer, and eventually, kiss. Vader summons bounty hunters, including the notorious Boba Fett, to assist in finding the Falcon. Luke, meanwhile, escapes with R2-D2 in his X-wing fighter and crash-lands on the swamp planet Dagobah. He meets a diminutive creature who is revealed to be Yoda; after conferring with Obi-Wan’s spirit, Yoda reluctantly accepts Luke as his student. Yoda trains Luke as a Jedi and raises his sunken ship from the swamp with the power of the Force after Luke claims it to be impossible.After evading the Empire, Han sets a course for Cloud City, a floating colony in the skies of the gas giant planet Bespin. Cloud City is run by Han’s old friend, Lando Calrissian. Unknowingly, the Millennium Falcon has been tracked for the Empire by Boba Fett; shortly after they arrive, Lando leads the group into a trap and they are handed over to Darth Vader and Boba Fett. Vader plans to use the group as bait to lure out Luke, intending to capture him alive and take him to the Emperor. During his training on Dagobah, Luke sees a premonition of Han and Leia in pain in a city in the clouds and, against Yoda’s wishes, leaves to save them.Vader goes back on his agreement with Lando to let Leia and Chewbacca stay in Cloud City and instead, takes them into custody. He intends to hold Luke in suspended animation in a block of carbonite for delivery to the Emperor. To test this process, he selects Han to be frozen against the protests of Fett, who fears he will lose his bounty. Vader hands the frozen Han over to Fett, who intends to leave for Tatooine to deliver Han to Jabba the Hutt and claim the bounty on Solo. Lando, who was forced into cooperating with the Empire, initiates an escape and frees Leia and the others. They then try to save Han but are too late and unable to stop Fett as he departs on his ship. They fight their way back to the Falcon and flee Cloud City.After arriving at Cloud City, and engaging in a brief confrontation with Boba Fett, Luke ultimately falls into Vader’s trap. The two engage in a lightsaber duel that leads them over the city’s central air shaft where, as his mentors warned, Luke proves to be no match for Vader who severs Luke’s right hand, causing him to lose his weapon. After Luke refuses to join Vader against the Emperor, Vader reveals that he is Luke’s father, Anakin Skywalker. Horrified by the truth, Luke throws himself off the bridge and is pulled into an air shaft. He is ejected beneath the floating city but is able to grab onto an antenna. He makes a desperate telepathic plea to Leia, who senses it and persuades Lando to return for him in the Falcon. After Luke is brought on board, they are chased by TIE fighters but R2-D2 reactivates the Falcon‘s hyperdrive, allowing them to escape.Later, aboard a medical frigate in the Rebel fleet, Luke’s severed hand is replaced with a robotic prosthetic. Lando and Chewbacca set off for Tatooine in the Falcon in order to find Jabba the Hutt and Boba Fett to save Han. As the Falcon departs, Luke, Leia, R2-D2, and C-3PO gaze out on the galaxy and await word from Lando.
Return of the Jedi (also known as Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi) is a 1983 American epic space opera film directed by Richard Marquand. The screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and George Lucas was from a story by Lucas, who was also the executive producer. It was the third and final installment in the original Star Wars trilogy and the first film to use THX technology. The film is set one year after The Empire Strikes Backand was produced by Howard Kazanjian for Lucasfilm Ltd. The film stars Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, Anthony Daniels, David Prowse, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew and Frank Oz.
- Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker: One of the last living Jedi, trained by Obi-Wan and Yoda, who is also a skilled X-wing fighter pilot allied with the Rebellion.
- Harrison Ford as Han Solo: A rogue smuggler, who aids the Rebellion against the Empire. Han is Luke and Leia’s friend, as well as Leia’s love interest.
- Carrie Fisher as Leia Organa: The former Princess of the destroyed planet Alderaan, who joins the Rebellion; Luke’s twin sister, and Han’s love interest.
- Billy Dee Williams as Lando Calrissian: The former Baron Administrator of Cloud City and one of Han’s friends who aids the Rebellion.
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO: A humanoid protocol droid, who sides with the Rebellion.
- Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca: A Wookiee who is Han’s longtime friend, who takes part in the Rebellion.
- Kenny Baker as R2-D2: An astromech droid, bought by Luke; and long-time friend to C-3PO. He also portrays a GONK power droid in the background.
- Ian McDiarmid as the Emperor: The evil founding supreme ruler of the Galactic Empire, and Vader’s Sith Master.
- Frank Oz as Yoda: The wise, centuries-old Grand Master of the Jedi, who is Luke’s self-exiled Jedi Master living on Dagobah. After dying, he reappears to Luke as a Force-ghost. Yoda’s Puppetry was assisted by Mike Quinn.
- David Prowse as Darth Vader / Anakin Skywalker: A powerful Sith lord and the second in command of the Galactic Empire; Luke and Leia’s father.
- James Earl Jones as the voice of Darth Vader
- Sebastian Shaw as the unmasked Anakin: After fighting and defeating his friend, ally, and Sith Master, in order to save his son’s life, Vader is weakened and dying. Before he dies he asks Luke to take off his mask so he can see his son clearly before he dies, ultimately turning back to the goodness within himself.
- Hayden Christensen as the Force-ghost of Anakin Skywalker: In re-releases of the original Star Wars trilogy released after the prequel trilogy, Lucas made revisions. One of those revisions being the final shot of the film, in which the Force-ghosts of Anakin, Obi-Wan and Yoda are seen happily together.
- Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan Kenobi: Luke’s deceased Jedi Master, who continues to teach him after death as a Force-ghost
Luke Skywalker initiates a plan to rescue Han Solo from the crime lord Jabba the Hutt with the help of Princess Leia, Lando Calrissian, Chewbacca, C-3PO, and R2-D2. Leia infiltrates Jabba’s palace on Tatooine disguised as a bounty hunter with Chewbacca as her prisoner. Leia releases Han from his carbonite prison, but she is captured and enslaved. Luke arrives soon afterward, but is also captured after a tense standoff. After Luke survives his battle with Jabba’s Rancor, Jabba sentences him and Han to death by feeding them to the Sarlacc. Luke frees himself and battles Jabba’s guards. During the chaos, Leia strangles Jabba to death, and Luke destroys Jabba’s sail barge as the group escapes. While the others rendezvous with the Rebel Alliance, Luke returns to Dagobah where he finds that Yoda is dying. Before he dies, Yoda confirms that Darth Vader, once known as Anakin Skywalker, is Luke’s father, and that there is “another Skywalker”. The spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi confirms that this other Skywalker is Luke’s twin sister, Leia. Obi-Wan tells Luke that he must fight Vader again to defeat the Empire.The Rebel Alliance learns that the Empire has been constructing a new Death Star under the supervision of the Emperor himself. As the station is protected by an energy shield, Han leads a strike team to destroy the shield generator on the forest moon of Endor; doing so would allow a squadron of starfighters to destroy the Death Star. The strike team, accompanied by Luke and Leia, travels to Endor in a stolen Imperial shuttle. On Endor, Luke and his companions encounter a tribe of Ewoks and, after an initial conflict, gain their trust. Later, Luke tells Leia that she is his sister, Vader is their father, and that he must go and confront him. Surrendering to Imperial troops, Luke is brought to Vader and unsuccessfully tries to convince him to turn from the dark side of the Force.Vader takes Luke to the Death Star to meet the Emperor, intent on turning him to the dark side. The Emperor reveals that the Death Star is actually fully operational and the Rebel fleet will fall into a trap. On Endor, Han’s strike team is captured by Imperial forces, but a surprise counterattack by the Ewoks allows the Rebels to battle the Imperials. Meanwhile, Lando, piloting the Millennium Falcon, leads the Rebel fleet to the Death Star, only to find that the station’s shield is still active and the Imperial fleet is waiting for them. The Emperor tempts Luke to give in to his anger, and Luke engages Vader in a lightsaber duel. Vader senses that Luke has a sister, and threatens to turn her to the dark side. Enraged, Luke attacks Vader and severs his father’s prosthetic right hand. The Emperor entreats Luke to kill Vader and take his place, but Luke refuses, declaring himself a Jedi as his father had been. The furious Emperor tortures Luke with Force lightning. Unwilling to let his son die, Vader kills the Emperor but is mortally wounded in the process. At his request, Luke removes the redeemed Anakin’s mask before he dies in his arms.As the battle between the Imperial and Alliance fleets continues, the strike team defeats the Imperial forces and destroys the shield generator, allowing the Rebel fleet to launch their assault on the Death Star. Lando leads a group of Rebel ships into the Death Star’s core and destroys the main reactor. As Luke escapes on a shuttle with his father’s body, the Falcon flies out of the Death Star’s superstructure as the station explodes. On Endor, Leia reveals to Han that Luke is her brother, and they share a kiss. Luke returns to Endor and cremates his father’s body on a funeral pyre. As the Rebels celebrate their victory over the Empire, Luke smiles as he sees the spirits of Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin watching over them.
Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace
Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace is a 1999 American epic space opera film written and directed by George Lucas, produced by Lucasfilm and distributed by 20th Century Fox. It is the first installment in the Star Wars prequel trilogy and stars Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Jake Lloyd, Ian McDiarmid, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Ahmed Best, Pernilla August, Brian Blessed, Ray Park, and Frank Oz.
Supreme Chancellor Valorum, leader of the Galactic Republic, dispatches Jedi Knight Qui-Gon Jinn and his apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi, to negotiate with the Trade Federation leadership to end a blockade of battleships around the planet Naboo. Darth Sidious, a Sith Lord and the Trade Federation’s secret adviser, orders Federation Viceroy Nute Gunray to kill the Jedi and invade Naboo with an army of battle droids. The Jedi escape and flee to Naboo. During the invasion, Qui-Gon saves a Gungan outcast, Jar Jar Binks, from being run over and killed by a droid tank. Indebted to Qui-Gon, Jar Jar leads the Jedi to an underwater Gungan city. The Jedi unsuccessfully try to persuade the Gungan leader, Boss Nass, into helping the people of Naboo, though they are able to obtain transportation to Theed, the capital city on the surface. They rescue Queen Amidala, the ruler of the Naboo people, and escape the planet on her royal starship, which is damaged as they pass the Federation blockade.Amidala’s ship is unable to sustain its hyperdrive and lands for repairs on the desert planet Tatooine. Qui-Gon, Jar Jar, astromech droid R2-D2, and Amidala (in disguise as the handmaiden Padmé) visit the settlement of Mos Espa to buy new parts at a junk shop. They meet the shop’s owner Watto and his nine-year-old slave, Anakin Skywalker, who is a gifted pilot and engineer and has created a protocol droid called C-3PO. Qui-Gon senses a strong presence of the Force within Anakin and is convinced that he is the “chosen one” of Jedi prophecy who will bring balance to the Force. Qui-Gon wagers Anakin’s freedom with Watto in a Podrace, which Anakin wins. Anakin joins the group to be trained as a Jedi, leaving his mother Shmi behind. En route to their starship, Qui-Gon encounters Darth Maul, Darth Sidious’s apprentice, who was sent to capture Amidala. A duel ensues, but Qui-Gon quickly disengages and escapes on board the starship.Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan escort Amidala to the Republic capital planet of Coruscant so that she can plead her people’s case to Chancellor Valorum and the Galactic Senate. Qui-Gon asks the Jedi Council for permission to train Anakin as a Jedi, but the Council refuses, concerned that Anakin is vulnerable to the dark side. Undaunted, Qui-Gon vows to train Anakin himself. Meanwhile, Naboo’s Senator Palpatine persuades Amidala to make a vote of no confidence in Valorum to elect a more capable chancellor to resolve the crisis on Naboo. Though she is successful in pushing for the vote, Amidala grows frustrated with the corruption in the Senate and decides to return to Naboo. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are ordered by the Jedi Council to accompany the queen to Naboo, as well as to confirm the return of the Sith, whom they believe to be extinct.On Naboo, Padmé reveals herself to the Gungans as Queen Amidala and persuades them into an alliance against the Trade Federation. Jar Jar leads his people in a battle against the droid army while Padmé leads the hunt for Viceroy Gunray in Theed. During a battle in a starship hangar to free Naboo pilots, Anakin takes shelter in a vacant starfighter and inadvertently triggers its autopilot, joining the battle against the Federation droid control ship in space. Anakin blunders into the hangar of the droid control ship and destroys the ship from within before escaping, deactivating the droid army. Meanwhile, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan battle Darth Maul, who mortally wounds Qui-Gon before being bisected by Obi-Wan. As he dies, Qui-Gon asks Obi-Wan to train Anakin. Subsequently, Palpatine is elected as the new Supreme Chancellor and Gunray is arrested. The Jedi Council promotes Obi-Wan to the rank of Jedi Knight and reluctantly accepts Anakin as Obi-Wan’s apprentice. At a festive ceremony, Padmé presents a gift of appreciation and friendship to the Gungans.
- Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Knight who discovers Anakin and insists that the boy be trained as a Jedi despite the Jedi Council’s protests.
- Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon’s Jedi Padawan, who holds his master in high regard but questions his motives at times.
- Natalie Portman as Queen Padmé Amidala, the 14-year-old Queen of Naboo, who hopes to protect her planet from a blockade invasion made by the Trade Federation. Over 200 actresses auditioned for the role.
- Jake Lloyd as Anakin Skywalker, a 9-year-old slave boy and a skilled pilot who dreams of becoming a Jedi.
- Ian McDiarmid as Senator Palpatine / Darth Sidious, a Senator of Naboo who is eventually elected Chancellor of the Republic.
- Pernilla August as Shmi Skywalker, Anakin’s mother, who is concerned for her son’s future and allows him to leave with the Jedi.
- Frank Oz voices Yoda, the centuries-old leader of the Jedi Council who is apprehensive about allowing Anakin to be trained
- Oliver Ford Davies as Sio Bibble, the governor of Naboo.
- Hugh Quarshie as Captain Panaka, Queen Amidala’s chief of security at Theed Palace.
- Ahmed Best as Jar Jar Binks, a clumsy Gungan exiled from his home and taken in by Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.
- Anthony Daniels voices C-3PO, a protocol droid built by Anakin. He lacks a metal covering in this film; R2-D2 refers to it as being “naked”.
- Kenny Baker as R2-D2, an astromech droid that saves Queen Amidala’s ship when other droids fail.
- Samuel L. Jackson appears as Mace Windu, a high-ranking member of the Jedi Council who also opposes the training of Anakin.
- Ray Park portrays Darth Maul, Darth Sidious’ Sith apprentice who uses a double-bladed lightsaber, while Peter Serafinowicz provides Maul’s voice.
- Keira Knightley plays Sabé, one of Queen Amidala’s handmaidens who serves as her decoy throughout the majority of the film.
- Silas Carson portrays Nute Gunray, the Viceroy of the Trade Federation who leads Naboo’s invasion and tries to force Queen Amidala to sign a treaty to legitimize the occupation. Carson also portrays three minor characters: Jedi Master
- Ki-Adi-Mundi, Trade Federation Senator Lott Dod, and an ill-fated pilot .
- Brian Blessed, Andy Secombe, and Lewis MacLeod voice, respectively, Boss Nass, the leader of the Gungan tribe who allies with the Naboo, Watto, a junk dealer on Tatooine who owns Anakin and his mother as slaves, and Sebulba, an aggressive, scheming podracer who is Anakin’s rival.
- Greg Proops and Scott Capurro voice Fode and Beed, the two-headed announcer of the Boonta Eve Race.
- Dominic West plays a Naboo guard.
- Sofia Coppola appears as Saché, one of Amidala’s handmaidens,
- Ralph Brown appears as Ric Olié, the Queen’s starship pilot.
- Christian Simpson appears as Lieutenant Gavyn Sykes
Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones
Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones is a 2002 American epic space opera film directed by George Lucas and written by Lucas and Jonathan Hales. It is the second installment of the Star Wars prequel trilogy, and stars Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Hayden Christensen, Ian McDiarmid, Samuel L. Jackson, Christopher Lee, Temuera Morrison, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, and Frank Oz.
Ten years after the Trade Federation’s invasion of Naboo, the Galactic Republic is threatened by the Separatist movement organized by former Jedi Master Count Dooku. Senator Padmé Amidala comes to Coruscant to vote on a motion to create an army to assist the Jedi against this threat. Narrowly avoiding an assassination attempt upon arrival, she is placed under the protection of Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi and his apprentice, Anakin Skywalker. The two Jedi thwart a second attempt on her life and subdue the assassin, Zam Wesell, a shape-shifter who is soon killed by her bounty hunter client before she can reveal his identity. The Jedi Council assigns Obi-Wan to identify and capture the bounty hunter, while Anakin is assigned to escort Padmé back to Naboo, where the pair develop a romantic attraction towards each other.Obi-Wan’s investigation leads him to the remote ocean planet Kamino, where he discovers an army of clones is being produced for the Republic, with bounty hunter Jango Fett serving as their genetic template. Obi-Wan deduces Jango to be the bounty hunter he is seeking, and follows him and his clone son, Boba, to the desert planet Geonosis via a homing beacon placed on their ship, the Slave I. Meanwhile, Anakin becomes troubled by premonitions of his mother, Shmi, in pain, and travels to Tatooine with Padmé to save her. They meet Owen Lars, Anakin’s stepbrother and the son of Shmi’s new husband, Cliegg Lars. Cliegg tells Anakin that Shmi was abducted by Tusken Raiders weeks earlier and is likely dead. Determined to find her, Anakin ventures out and finds Shmi at the Tusken campsite, where she dies in Anakin’s arms. Enraged, Anakin massacres the Tuskens and returns to the Lars homestead with Shmi’s body. After revealing his deed to Padmé, Anakin says that he wants to prevent death.On Geonosis, Obi-Wan discovers a Separatist gathering led by Count Dooku, whom Obi-Wan learns had authorized Padmé’s assassination and is developing a battle droid army with Trade Federation Viceroy Nute Gunray. Obi-Wan transmits his findings to Anakin to relay to the Jedi Council, but is captured mid-transmission. With knowledge of the droid army, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine is voted emergency powers to send the clones into battle. Anakin and Padmé journey to Geonosis to rescue Obi-Wan, but are also captured. The three are sentenced to death, but are eventually saved by a battalion of Jedi and clone troopers led by Mace Windu and Yoda; Jango Fett is killed by Mace during the rescue. As the clone and droid armies battle, Obi-Wan and Anakin intercept Dooku, and the three engage in a lightsaber battle. Dooku overpowers Obi-Wan and Anakin, severing the latter’s arm, but Yoda arrives and duels the count. Finding he is unable to defeat Yoda, Dooku flees to Coruscant, where he delivers blueprints for a superweapon to his Sith master, Darth Sidious. As the Jedi gravely acknowledge the beginning of the Clone Wars, Anakin is fitted with a robotic arm and secretly marries Padmé on Naboo, with C-3PO and R2-D2 as their witnesses.
- Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi: A Jedi Master and mentor of Anakin Skywalker.
- Natalie Portman as Padmé Amidala: The former Queen of Naboo, who has recently been elected the planet’s senator.
- Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker: Obi-Wan’s Padawan apprentice, who has grown into a powerful but arrogant Jedi.
- Ian McDiarmid as Chancellor Palpatine / Darth Sidious: A former senator of Naboo and secretly a Sith Lord who has recently been elected Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic.
- Samuel L. Jackson as Mace Windu: A Jedi Master sitting on the Jedi Council who warily watches the Galactic Senate’s politics.
- Christopher Lee as Count Dooku / Darth Tyranus: A former Jedi Master who now leads a Separatist movement and is Darth Sidious’ new Sith apprentice.
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO: A protocol droid built by Anakin for his mother.
- Kenny Baker as R2-D2: An astromech droid often seen on missions with Anakin and Obi-Wan.
- Frank Oz voices Yoda: The centuries-old Jedi Grand Master of an unknown species who, in addition to sitting on the Jedi Council, is the instructor for young Jedi.
Ahmed Best, Pernilla August, Oliver Ford Davies, Andy Secombe, Silas Carson and Liam Neeson reprise their roles as Jar Jar Binks, Shmi Skywalker, Sio Bibble, Watto, Nute Gunray and Qui-Gon Jinn, respectively from The Phantom Menace, with the latter returning in an uncredited voice role cameo while Silas Carson also portrayed Ki-Adi-Mundi, a member of the Jedi Council. Alethea McGrath portrays Jocasta Nu, the chief librarian of the Jedi Archives.
Temuera Morrison portrays Jango Fett, a Mandalorian bounty hunter who provides his DNA to use for cloning purposes in the creation of the clone army.
Jimmy Smits portrays Bail Organa, a senator of the Republic, and Jay Laga’aia portrays Captain Typho, the head of security for Padmé Amidala. Daniel Logan portrays a young Boba Fett, Jango’s son, who is created from his “father”‘s DNA.
Leeanna Walsman portrays Zam Wesell, a shape-shifting Clawdite bounty hunter and partner of Jango’s, who is given the task of assassinating Padmé.
Jack Thompson portrays Cliegg Lars, a moisture farmer who freed and married Shmi, thus becoming the stepfather of Anakin Skywalker.
Joel Edgerton and Bonnie Piesse appear as Owen Lars, the son of Cliegg Lars and stepbrother of Anakin Skywalker, and Beru Whitesun, Owen’s girlfriend.
Ayesha Dharker appears as Jamillia, the Queen of Naboo, and Rose Byrne and Verónica Segura appear as Dormé and Cordé, Padmé’s handmaidens and the latter who serves as a decoy to the senator and is killed during an assassination attempt.
Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith is a 2005 American epic space opera film written and directed by George Lucas. It is the third installment of the Star Wars prequel trilogy. Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Hayden Christensen, Ian McDiarmid, Samuel L. Jackson, Christopher Lee, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, and Frank Oz all reprise their character roles from Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace (1999) and Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002).
Three years after the start of the Clone Wars between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems, war has gripped the galaxy. During a space battle over the planet Coruscant, Jedi Knights Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker lead a mission to rescue the kidnapped Supreme Chancellor Palpatine from Separatist commander General Grievous. After infiltrating Grievous’s flagship, the Jedi battle Count Dooku. Anakin subdues Dooku, and on Palpatine’s urging, executes him. Grievous flees the battle-torn cruiser, which the Jedi crash-land on Coruscant. There, Anakin reunites with his wife, Padmé Amidala, who reveals she is pregnant. While initially excited, Anakin begins to have prophetic visions of Padmé dying in childbirth, and his worry steadily grows.Palpatine appoints Anakin to the Jedi Council as his representative, but the Council declines to grant Anakin the rank of Jedi Master and orders him to spy on Palpatine, causing Anakin’s faith in the Jedi to diminish significantly. Palpatine tantalizes Anakin with secret knowledge of the dark side of the Force, including the power to save his loved ones from dying. Meanwhile, Obi-Wan travels to the planet Utapau to deal with General Grievous, and Yoda travels to Kashyyyk to defend the planet from invasion. Tempting Anakin, Palpatine eventually reveals that he is the Sith Lord Darth Sidious, saying that only he has the knowledge to save Padmé from dying. Anakin reports Palpatine’s treachery to Mace Windu, who confronts and subdues the Sith Lord, severely disfiguring him in the process. Fearing that he will lose Padmé, Anakin intervenes on Palpatine’s behalf and severs Windu’s hand, allowing Palpatine to throw him out of a window to his death. Anakin pledges himself to Palpatine, who dubs him Darth Vader. Palpatine issues an order for the clone troopers to kill their Jedi commanders and dispatches Vader along with a legion of clones to kill everyone in the Jedi Temple. Vader massacres the remaining Separatist leaders hiding on the volcanic planet Mustafar, while Palpatine addresses the Galactic Senate, transforming the Republic into the Galactic Empire and declaring himself Emperor. Having survived the chaos, Obi-Wan and Yoda return to Coruscant and learn of Anakin’s treachery.Unable to convince Padmé about Anakin’s turn to the dark side, Obi-Wan stows aboard her ship. Padmé travels to Mustafar and begs Vader to leave the dark side. He refuses, and upon witnessing Obi-Wan, chokes Padmé into unconsciousness in a fit of rage. Obi-Wan duels and defeats Vader, severing most of his limbs and leaving him at the bank of a lava river where he is horribly burned. On Coruscant, Yoda battles Palpatine until their duel reaches a stalemate, and Yoda flees with Bail Organa. Palpatine, sensing that his apprentice is in danger, travels to Mustafar.On the asteroid Polis Massa, Obi-Wan regroups with Yoda and Padmé gives birth to twins named Luke and Leia before dying shortly thereafter. A funeral is held for Padmé on Naboo. On Mustafar, Palpatine finds a severely burnt Vader still alive. After returning to Coruscant, Vader’s mutilated body is treated and covered in a black armored suit. Palpatine explains to Vader that he killed Padmé in his anger. Meanwhile, Obi-Wan and Yoda decide to conceal the twins from the Sith, as they are the galaxy’s only hope for freedom. Yoda exiles himself to the planet Dagobah, while Vader and the Emperor oversee the construction of a superstation, the Death Star. Bail Organa adopts Leia as his own daughter and takes her to Alderaan, while Obi-Wan delivers Luke to his step-family Owen and Beru Lars on Tatooine, where Obi-Wan intends to watch over Luke until the time is right to challenge the Empire.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens (also known as Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens) is a 2015 American epic space opera film directed, co-produced, and co-written by J. J. Abrams. The direct sequel to 1983’s Return of the Jedi, The Force Awakens is the first installment of the Star Wars sequel trilogy, and stars Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Max von Sydow.
Three decades after the destruction of the second Death Star and the Galactic Civil War, the First Order has risen from the fallen Galactic Empire and seeks to eliminate the New Republic. The Resistance, backed by the Republic and led by General Leia Organa, opposes them while searching for her brother, Luke Skywalker.Resistance pilot Poe Dameron meets village elder Lor San Tekka on the planet Jakku to obtain a map to Luke’s location. Stormtroopers commanded by Kylo Ren destroy the village and capture Poe, while Ren kills Tekka. Poe’s droid, BB-8, escapes with the map and encounters a scavenger named Rey near a junkyard settlement. Ren tortures Poe using the Force, and learns of BB-8. Stormtrooper FN-2187, unwilling to kill, frees Poe, and they escape in a stolen TIE fighter; Poe dubs FN-2187 “Finn”. They crash on Jakku; Finn survives, but he believes that Poe was killed in the crash. Finn encounters Rey and BB-8, but the First Order tracks them and launches an airstrike. Finn, Rey, and BB-8 flee the planet in the Millennium Falcon, which they steal from a junkyard.The Falcon is captured by a larger ship piloted by Han Solo and Chewbacca, looking to reclaim their former vessel. Two rival gangs, seeking to settle debts with Han, board and attack, but Han and his allies flee in the Falcon. The gangs inform the First Order. At the First Order’s Starkiller Base – a planet converted into a superweapon that harnesses energy from stars – Supreme Leader Snoke orders General Hux to use the weapon for the first time. Snoke questions Ren’s ability to deal with emotions relating to his father, Han Solo; Ren says Solo means nothing to him.The Falcon crew views BB-8’s map and determines it is incomplete. Han explains that Luke attempted to rebuild the Jedi Order, but exiled himself when an apprentice turned to the dark side, destroyed the temple, and slaughtered all the other apprentices. The crew travels to the planet Takodana and meets with cantina owner Maz Kanata, who offers assistance in getting BB-8 to the Resistance. Rey is drawn to a vault on the lower level and finds the lightsaber that once belonged to Luke and his father, Anakin Skywalker. She experiences disturbing visions and flees into the woods. Maz gives Finn the lightsaber for safekeeping.Starkiller Base fires and destroys the Republic capital and a portion of its fleet. The First Order attacks Takodana in search of BB-8. Han, Chewbacca, and Finn are saved by Resistance X-wing fighters led by Poe, who survived the earlier crash. Leia arrives at Takodana with C-3PO and reunites with Han and Chewbacca. Meanwhile, Ren captures Rey and takes her to Starkiller Base. However, when he interrogates her about the map, she is able to resist his mind-reading attempts. Discovering she can use the Force, she escapes using a Jedi mind trick on a nearby guard.At the Resistance base on D’Qar, BB-8 finds R2-D2, who has been inactive since Luke’s disappearance. As Starkiller Base prepares to fire on D’Qar, the Resistance devises a plan to destroy the superweapon by attacking a critical facility. Leia urges Han to return their son alive. Using the Falcon, Han, Chewbacca, and Finn infiltrate the facility, find Rey, and plant explosives. Han confronts Ren, calling him by his birth name, Ben, and implores him to abandon the dark side. Ren refuses and kills Han, enraging Chewbacca, who fires and hits Ren. He sets off the explosives, allowing the Resistance to attack and destroy Starkiller Base.The injured Ren pursues Finn and Rey to the surface. A lightsaber battle between Ren and Finn ensues, leaving Finn badly wounded. Rey takes the lightsaber and uses the Force to defeat Ren, before they are separated by a fissure as the planet begins to disintegrate and implode. Snoke orders Hux to evacuate and bring Ren to him. Rey and Chewbacca escape with Finn in the Falcon. On D’Qar, the Resistance celebrates while Leia, Chewbacca, and Rey mourn Han’s death. R2-D2 awakens and reveals the rest of the map, which Rey follows to the oceanic planet Ahch-To. She finds Luke and presents him with the lightsaber.
- Harrison Ford as Han Solo:
- A rogue and a smuggler, formerly a key player in the Rebel Alliance.
- Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker:
- The last Jedi, who has gone into hiding. Regarding Luke, Han, and Leia
- Carrie Fisher as General Leia Organa:
- The former princess of the destroyed planet Alderaan, now General of the Resistance, and Luke’s twin sister
- Adam Driver as Kylo Ren:
- A dark warrior strong with the Force, originally a member of the Knights of Ren, and a high ranking member of the First Order. He is the son of Han and Leia.
- Daisy Ridley as Rey:
- A Force-sensitive scavenger who was abandoned as a child on the desert planet Jakku, waiting for her family to return.
- John Boyega as Finn:
- A reformed First Order stormtrooper.
- Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron:
- A Resistance X-wing fighter pilot
- Lupita Nyong’o as Maz Kanata:
- A wise and perceptive figure operating a somewhat shady cantina on the peaceful forest planet, Takodana.
- Andy Serkis as Supreme Leader Snoke:
- The political leader of the First Order. He is Kylo Ren’s master and is very powerful in the dark side.
- Domhnall Gleeson as General Hux:
- The commander of the First Order’s Starkiller Base.
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO:
- A humanoid protocol droid under Organa’s service.
- Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca:
- A loyal Wookiee and Solo’s longtime companion.
- Max von Sydow as Lor San Tekka:
- A retired adventurer on Jakku, aiding the Resistance in locating Skywalker.
Tim Rose and Mike Quinn reprise their respective roles as Admiral Ackbar and Nien Nunb, both from Return of the Jedi.
Kenny Baker, originally announced as part of the cast, was credited as “consultant” for R2-D2
with Jimmy Vee performing some of the work for R2-D2.
Ewan McGregor has an uncredited vocal cameo as Obi-Wan Kenobi in Rey’s vision sequence, while archival audio of Frank Oz and Alec Guinness as Yoda and Kenobi, respectively, are also used in the same scene;
Oz recorded new dialogue for the film, but it was replaced with pre-existing audio from The Empire Strikes Back.
Gwendoline Christie portrays Captain Phasma, the commander of the First Order’s legions of stormtroopers.
Dave Chapman and Brian Herring served as puppeteers for BB-8.
Bill Hader and Ben Schwartz credited as “Vocal Consultants”.
Ken Leung appears as Statura, an admiral in the Resistance.
Simon Pegg appears as Unkar Plutt, the Junkyard dealer on Jakku.
Greg Grunberg plays Temmin “Snap” Wexley, an X-wing pilot.
Kiran Shah plays Teedo, a scavenger on Jakku who rides a semi-mechanical Luggabeast.
Jessica Henwick appears as Jess “Testor” Pava or Jess Testor, an X-wing pilot.Brian Vernel appears as Bala-Tik, the leader of the Guavian Death Gang.
Yayan Ruhian, Iko Uwais, and Cecep Arif Rahman appear as Tasu Leech, Razoo Qin-Fee, and Crokind Shand, members of the Kanjiklub Gang, a criminal organization.
Warwick Davis appears as Wollivan, a tavern-dweller in Maz Kanata’s castle.
Anna Brewster appears as Bazine Netal, a First Order spy, also at Maz Kanata’s castle.
Thomas Brodie-Sangster and Kate Fleetwoodplay First Order Petty Officers, Thanisson and Unamo, respectively.
Billie Lourd, daughter of Carrie Fisher, appears as Connix, a lieutenant in the Resistance.
Members of the Resistance include Emun Elliott as Brance and Maisie Richardson-Sellers as Korr Sella while Harriet Walter appears as Kalonia, the doctor who tends to Chewbacca.Mark Stanley appears as a Knight of Ren.
Sebastian Armesto portrays Lieutenant Mitaka and Pip Torrens portrays Colonel Caplan, both serving the First Order.
Towers, Jonathan Dixon, Kat Sheridan, Salacious Crumb actor Mark Dodson, and Gavyn Sykes actor Christian Simpson were the additional voices used in the film.
Riot control stormtrooper FN-2199, who calls Finn a traitor during the battle on Takodana, was portrayed by stunt performer Liang Yang and voiced by sound editor David Acord.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (also known as Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi) is an upcoming American epic space opera film written and directed by Rian Johnson. It is the second film in the Star Wars sequel trilogy, following Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015). The film is produced by Lucasfilm and will be distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It stars Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis in returning roles. New cast members include Benicio del Toro and Laura Dern in unconfirmed roles, and Kelly Marie Tran as Rose. Fisher died in December 2016, making The Last Jedi her final film role.
- Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, a powerful Jedi Master who has been in self-imposed exile on the planet Ahch-To.
- Carrie Fisher as General Leia Organa, twin sister to Luke, former princess of Alderaan, and a leading general in the Resistance.The Last Jedi was the final film that Fisher worked on; she died on December 27, 2016. Fisher had completed her work on the film before her death.
- Adam Driver as Kylo Ren, Supreme Leader Snoke’s loyal servant who is strong with the dark side of the Force and leader to the Knights of Ren. He was born Ben Solo, the son of Han Solo and Leia Organa, nephew of Luke Skywalker, and the grandson of Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala.
- Daisy Ridley as Rey, a highly Force-sensitive scavenger from the desert planet Jakku who joined the Resistance and goes to find Luke Skywalker.
- John Boyega as Finn, a former stormtrooper of the First Order who defected to the Resistance.
- Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron, an X-wing fighter pilot in the Resistance.
- Lupita Nyong’o as Maz Kanata, a pirate and longtime friend of late Han Solo and Chewbacca.
- Domhnall Gleeson as General Armitage Hux, the former head of the First Order’s Starkiller Base.
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO, a humanoid protocol droid in the service of Leia Organa.
- Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma, the commander of the First Order’s stormtroopers.
- Andy Serkis as Supreme Leader Snoke, the mysterious leader of the First Order and Kylo Ren’s master.
- Benicio del Toro
- Laura Dern
- Kelly Marie Tran as Rose, a member of the Resistance who works in maintenance.
Other cast members include Peter Mayhew and Joonas Suotamo, both returning to portray Chewbacca.
Mike Quinn as Nien Nunb, Timothy M. Rose as Admiral Ackbar
Billie Lourd as Lieutenant Connix
Simon Pegg as Unkar Plutt, all of whom are reprising their roles.
Jimmy Vee will play R2-D2.
Tom Hardy will make a cameo appearance as a stormtrooper.
Gary Barlow also has a cameo appearance in the film.
Gareth Edwards, director of the Star Wars Anthology film Rogue One, has a cameo in the film.
Warwick Davisand Noah Segan have been cast in unspecified roles.