In the absence of Optimus Prime, a war has commenced between the human race and the Transformers. To save their world, Cade Yeager forms an alliance with Bumblebee, an astronomer and an Oxford University professor to learn the secrets of why the Transformers keep coming back to Earth.
- Mark Wahlberg as Cade Yeager, a single father and struggling inventor who helped the Autobots during the events of Age of Extinction.
- Josh Duhamel as William Lennox, a former N.E.S.T commander and U.S. Army Ranger captain who partnered with the Autobots prior to the events of Age of Extinction, and now a colonel of the U.S. military and an unwilling member of the T.R.F.
- Stanley Tucci as Joshua Joyce, the former head of K.S.I., who created a series of human-made Transformers during the events of Age of Extinction.
- Anthony Hopkins as Sir Edmund Burton, an astronomer and historian who knows about the history of the Transformers on Earth.[
- Isabela Moner as Izabella, a street-wise tomboy who was orphaned during the Chicago War in Dark of the Moon with Sqweeks and Canopy as her only friends until meeting Cade.
- Laura Haddock as Viviane Wembly, a Professor of English Literature at the University of Oxford.
- Tyrese Gibson as Robert Epps, a former N.E.S.T. airman and retired U.S. Air Force Sergeant who partnered with the Autobots prior to the events of Age of Extinction.[
- John Turturro as Seymour Simmons, a former government agent turned successful writer, who allied with the Autobots prior to the events of Age of Extinction.
- Santiago Cabrera as Santos, the commander of the T.R.F. (Transformers Reaction Force), an organization whose purpose is to wipe out all Transformers on Earth, regardless of faction.
- Liam Garrigan as King Arthur
- Jerrod Carmichael as Jimmy
- Mitch Pileggi
Additionally, Glenn Morshower returns as General Morshower from Revenge of The Fallen and Dark of the Moon.
Nicola Peltz has a vocal cameo as Tessa Yeager, Cade’s daughter who helped the Autobots during the events of Age of Extinction.
- Peter Cullen voices Optimus Prime, the leader of the Autobots, who transforms into a blue and red 2014 Western Star 5700 Custom with flame decals, and searching for the truth about his Creators.
- Bumblebee, a young Autobot scout who transforms into a custom-built yellow and black 2016 Chevrolet Camaro.
- John Goodman voices Hound, an Autobot commando and field medic who transforms into an olive green Mercedes-Benz Unimog military tactical ambulance.
- Drift, a Samurai-motif Autobot tactician and former Decepticon who transforms into a black and red 2017 Mercedes-AMG GT R.
- John DiMaggio voices Crosshairs, an Autobot paratrooper and sniper who transforms into a green and black 2016 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray equipped with a custom split-spoiler.
- Hot Rod, an Autobot who transforms into a Citroën DS, before upgrading into a 2017 Lamborghini Centenario LP770-4. He is brother-in-arms with Bumblebee and speaks in a thick French accent.
- Jim Carter voices Cogman, a polite but sociopathic, human-sized Headmaster with a larger robot body that transforms into a silver 2017 Aston Martin DB11, and is the faithful butler to Sir Edmund Burton.
- Canopy, an Autobot refugee who camouflages into a shielding pile of rubble.
- Sqweeks, a small-sized Autobot and Izabella’s closest friend, who transforms into a turquoise Vespa and only says “Chihuahua” due to some prior damage.
- Grimlock, the leader of the Dinobots, who transforms into a mechanical horned, fire-breathing Tyrannosaurus.
- Slug, Grimlock’s second-in-command who transforms into a mechanical spiked, fire-breathing Triceratops.
- Megatron, the revived leader of the Decepticons who possessed a human-made K.S.I. drone in Age of Extinction and transforms into a silver Cybertronian jet.
- Barricade, a Decepticon scout who survived the Chicago War in Dark of the Moon that transforms into a 2016 Ford Mustang police car featuring a new robot mode.
- Onslaught, a Decepticon tactician whose body design shares resemblance to Long Haul and transforms into a green Western Star 4900SF tow truck
- Dreadbot, a Decepticon thug whose body design shares resemblance to Crowbar from Dark of the Moon and transforms into a rusty Volkswagen Type 2.
- Mohawk, a Decepticon soldier who transforms into a Confederate Motorcycle.
- Nitro, a Decepticon hunter whose body design shares resemblance to the KSI Bosses from Age of Extinction, with a head resembling Shockwave’s from Dark of the Moon; he transforms into a fighter jet.
- Berserker, a Decepticon commando whose body design shares resemblance to Crankcase from Dark of the Moon and transforms into a Chevrolet Suburban emergency vehicle.
Knights of Cybertron
- Dragonstorm, a mechanical three-headed dragon who is the combination of two Knights of Cybertron, Dragonicus and Stormreign.
- Steelbane, a Cybertronian knight who transforms into a mechanical wyvern.
- Quintessa, a Cybertronian sorceress.
- Mini-Dinobots, baby Dinobots that are smaller versions of Grimlock, Slug and Strafe.
- A Mark IV tank who suffers from ‘robot dementia’.
- A cloaked Mercedes-Benz LK Model 1920 dump truck.
- A red McLaren 570S.
- A silver LeEco LeSEE Pro Concept.
- An Amphion-class submarine.
Mark Ryan and Reno Wilson will return to voice for The Last Knight.
- Optimus Prime –Optimus Prime is the leader of the Autobots. Long ago, he was the humble leader of Cybertron’s science division, which studied the AllSpark, and were protected by Lord High Protector Megatron’s military. When Megatron was corrupted by The Fallen, Optimus discovered that he was the last of the Dynasty of Primes, hidden away when The Fallen destroyed their lineage. In response to Megatron’s attempts to seize the AllSpark and conquer other worlds, Optimus assumed his proper title and rallied the Autobots to stand against the Decepticons.
|You just wanna die for the guy! That’s leadership… or brainwashin’, or somethin’.||”|
|“||No… that’s Optimus Prime.||”|
|—Crosshairs and Drift on their leader, Age of Extinction|
- BumblebeeBumblebee is one of Optimus Prime’s most trusted lieutenants. Although he is not the strongest or most powerful of the Autobots, Bumblebee more than makes up for this with a bottomless well of luck, determination and bravery. He would gladly give his life to protect others and stop the Decepticons.Badly damaged in battle, Bumblebee lost the ability to speak verbally, though he can still communicate over inter-Autobot frequencies (in a fashion that seems somewhat akin to instant messaging, a usable but more distant and less personal means of interaction). He can also communicate with the Autobots’ playing audio clips from popular media on his radio.If there’s anything you need, I won’t be far away.Bumblebee quoting Forrest Gump to Sam, Revenge of the Fallen
- HoundHound is a technical specialist and highly experienced, gutsy Autobot commando. He is a boisterous warrior who throws himself into every mission with no more worries than a duck landing on a pond, and quick to draw any of his many, many guns. And while his tendency to switch from gun to gun in quick succession in a single battle often leaves him bereft of weapons and ammunition, Hound’s bravery and resourcefulness is never in doubt. The only thing that just might take a toll on him is the loss of a friend; Hound’s boisterous streak hides a soft-Sparked ‘bot, who despite arguments and bickering, loves his fellow Autobots and commander even more than he loves a good rumble. It’s this love for his comrades that makes him such an effective warrior. He will take on an entire Decepticon army if he has to, and he would sooner go down swinging than abandon his allies on the battlefield.He is good friends with the far more relaxed Trailbreaker, although the other Autobot’s more relaxed attitude sometimes gets on Hound’s nerves.He is sometimes partnered with Slash.
“ I’m like a fat ballerina who takes scalps and slits throats! ” —Hound, Age of Extinction
- DriftA former Decepticon turned Autobot commando, Drift‘s strength lies not only in his mastery of ancient swords, but in his composure in battle. Despite the dark times upon the Autobots, Drift remains calm, dignified, and thoughtful, often taking time to practice his swordsmanship and spout haikus about whatever’s going on. Drift highly respects Optimus Prime, refering to him as his sensei. Knowing there is hope whenever the Autobot leader is around, this extremely polite and loyal Triple Changer will follow Optimus to the bitter end. He doesn’t think much of Bumblebee, though, due to his youth and lack of warrior discipline.He is sometimes partnered with Slug
- CrosshairsWhen the chips are down, Crosshairs is the kind of guy you’d want on your team. Or you would, if it wasn’t for the fact that he’s self-loving and more than a bit of a jerk. Crosshairs is a paratrooper who’s a mouthful of snark with a bad attitude. He’s got little respect for Optimus Prime, harboring a desire to just be on his own. Despite these vices, Crosshairs is a crack shot, who hits the ground running and makes mincemeat out of Decepticons before they even know what hit them. And if the chips are really down, he’ll come through in the end.
“I’m unclear. What’s in it for me?”Crosshairs , Age of Extinction
- GrimlockGrimlock is a Dinobot with a rather rough n’ tough attitude. One of the most powerful warriors alive, his general approach to a problem is to smash it first, worry about the specifics later. This attitudes extends to his Autobot companions, who are expected to meet Grimlock’s standard of strength. That said, the Autobots have a lot less to fear from this behemoth than the Decepticons.
- DragonstormDragonstorm transforms into a beastly three-headed dragon, which is formed from Dragonicus and Stormreign.
- WheelieWheelie is a sneaky little salvage and scrap drone,always underfoot when you least expect it. As a reconnaissance specialist, he’s equipped to the teeth with mid-range surveillance equipment. But his real asset is stealth, tooling along unseen and unsuspected while he accomplishes his mission. Unfortunately for his mission, he often bites off more than he can chew—and ends up being the one chewed on!Although he does seem to have a bit of a “mouth” on him, Wheelie isn’t really a bad sort: a loving home and a little strict discipline could whip him into shape. Allow disgruntlement with the Autobots to grow, however, and he may get mean…
Easy, Warrior Goddess, I’m just a little salvage scrap drone.Wheelie, shortly after earning the nickname “Blinky”, Revenge of the Fallen
- SqweeksSqweeks is an Autobot.
- Hot Rod
- Hot Rod is an Autobot. Little is known about him, except that he’s Bumblebee’s brother-in-arms, and is French.He is also known as Rodimus and Rodimus Prime
- CanopyCanopy is a Transformer companion of Izabella, living up to his name by forming a mobile shelter.
- Cogman Cogman is a Headmaster, diminutive in size for a Transformer. As the faithful manservant of Sir Edmund Burton, he’s very polite and proper, but suffers from… “anger issues.”
- Mini Slug -Transforms into a mechanical spiked fire-breathing miniature Triceratops.
- Mini Strafe – Transforms into a mechanical miniature Pteranodon.
- Mini Grimlock -Transforms into mechanical horned fire-breathing miniature Tyrannosaurus.
- Megatron aka GalvatronMegatron was not always the viciously powerful and brutally direct leader of the Decepticons: he was once brothers-in-arms with Optimus and a student of Sentinel Prime, appointed to be Cybertron’s Protector and commander of its Defense Force. But Megatron resented his comrade, knowing he was a Prime and therefore Sentinel’s favored son. This anger allowed The Fallen to ensnare him and led to the revival of the Decepticons. Even without The Fallen, it’s not hard to imagine that Megatron would have erupted Cybertron into war to rid himself of Optimus.Megatron tends to become so obsessed with the object of his desires that he can ignore “secondary” matters, glaring flaws in his plans. Otherwise, he likely wouldn’t have chased after the AllSpark alone, and spent centuries entombed in the Arctic. Trying to talk Megatron out of blindly going for his goals is useless. He will risk his world, his troops, and even his own spark to achieve his goals; these things do not matter to Megatron. Like his master, Megatron feels a violent hatred towards humans and views them as only slightly above bacteria, a feeling exacerbated by spending decades as their prisoner.Despite this fatal flaw, Megatron did not achieve his dreaded status through simple warmongering. He’s a manipulative, cunning strategist who can plan multiple schemes spanning millennia, and while they may overlap, they all help him towards his one, true goal: the restoration of Cybertron. For all his evils, Megatron genuinely strives to save his home planet some day, and with it, the Cybertronian race: even if it means he has to rule it with his iron fist and put his bloodlust to good use to do so.
You still fight for the weak! That is why you lose!Megatron to Optimus,
- Barricade is apparently a complicated robot. He’s considered “fractious” even by Decepticon standards, yet is willing to give Starscream the benefit of the doubt and follow where he leads, at least for the time being. Though not totally dedicated to the service of the Decepticons’ current leader, he is much more cautious and reserved about expressing mutinous dissent than say most. He believes that Starscream is vital in their search for Megatron and the AllSpark. In many ways this makes him Starscream’s closest ally in the naturally combative Decepticon ranks. Then again, it’s been said that he likes to trick people into trusting him, just so he can see their reactions when they find out just how much of a bad idea it was. As such, he has disguised himself as an Earth police car in an attempt to fool the humans around him.If his attitude toward his fellow Decepticons is inconsistent, his attitude toward the Autobots is not: kill them all. Barricade might not be as large as most of his peers, but he is every bit as deadly. He thoroughly relishes every chance in fighting the Autobots. He’s smart enough to let one live if he thinks he or the Decepticons can use it to their advantage, but most of the time, they’re dead before someone’s even thought of a planBarricade
- OnslaughtOnslaught is the leader of the Combaticons and a genius when it comes to strategy. He combines with his subordinates to form the mighty Bruticus Maximus. According to the TRF, he is currently making a new weapon called The Decapitator
- DreadbotThe monstrous hooligan known as Dreadbot is a tough, destructive thug who’s hard to control and even harder to kill. It seems a little weird that he transforms into such a stereotypical symbol of peace and love, but maybe he’s just got a sense of humor—check out those Christmas lights.
- BerserkerBerserker is a seething ball of destructive energy, his lust for violence constant and irrepressible. Anyone and anything that gets in his way is torn to shreds, leading his allies and enemies alike to give him as wide a berth as possible.
- Nitro ZeusNitro is a powerful, merciless hunter, using his vast arsenal and formidable tracking skills to locate and capture whatever targets Megatron demands. Shockwave’s death on Earth greatly angered him, and now both humanity and the Autobots are in Nitro’s sights.He is sometimes known by the longer name Nitro Zeus.
- Small and slick, the knife-wielding Mohawk is a literal motorbike punk. As loyal as he is deadly, this Decepticon is always ready to cause some mayhem in service of Megatron.
- Cade Yeager All humans make mistakes. Sometimes, what comes from those mistakes comes the best thing that ever happened to them. That’s what Cade Yeager believes when he looks at his daughter, to whom he and his girlfriend gave birth at the cost of their high school graduation. While Cade is not the most responsible father in the world, his most redeeming quality is that when it comes to keeping his daughter safe, he does not go back on his word, no matter what; a promise he made to his bride before she passed away. He does have a creative and optimistic mind, lending it to building all kinds of inventions to make a good business out of. Sadly, none of these inventions have brought in much profit for his family. Knowing all of the opportunities he lost, he has sworn not to let history repeat itself, which is probably why he disapproves of Tessa dating boys before she graduates from high school.
- Joshua JoyceThe technologies industry attracts, and indeed would not exist in the first place without, brilliant and determined inventors. However, the cutthroat forces of the modern world economy often push these geniuses into a state of narrow focus, trying to develop the next big thing without properly considering consequences or moral and ethical ramifications. Joshua Joyce, head of Kinetic Solutions Incorporated, is one of those who fell into this trap in his quest to create a line of human-made remote-controlled Transformers. But underneath, there may still be some good in him.
Maybe all he wants to hear you say is that some things should never be invented.Cade Yeager, Age of Extinction
- Izabella Orphaned in the battle that turned Chicago into a wasteland, Izabella found refuge among the city’s ruins. She also found unlikely friends in two damaged Cybertronians who were hiding from the human military; Canopy and Sqweeks. In this unusual family, she’s grown up tough, brave, and amazingly adept at repairing machines, even living ones.
- William Lennox William “Wild Bill” Lennox is a member of the United States Army Rangers. A young, yet capable officer, Lennox has the friendship and trust of the men under his command.
- Robert Epps Robert Epps is a Chief Master Sergeant in the United States Air Force, under the command of US Army Ranger William Lennox. He frequently demands the bringing of things, such as “it”. He is entitled to wear the scarlet beret of Air Force Combat Control. He keeps a Visa credit card in one of his many back pockets. The one on his left butt cheek, to be specific.He is never going to Jorge Figueroa’s mamma’s house.Epps is prodigiously fecund, having four daughters and a son with his wife Monique. The three oldest girls were all ga-ga over My Little Pony.His kids’ names are Shareeka, Shaniqua, Sheleeka, Mozambiqua, and Fred
- Seymour Simmons Agent Seymour Simmons is the Chief Agent of Sector Seven’s Field Agents. His family has been in Sector Seven since day one, when his great-grandfather helped dig the Ice Man out of the Arctic. He might come off as a jerk sometimes, but he is a patriot who takes his work very personally.He’s just a smidge off his nut—eccentric, weird, crazy, whatever you want to call it. He’s strange, and he wears Hawaiian underwear, Sector Seven undershirts, and clip-on ties.He is the son of Bill Simmons and Tova Anael Fischer
- Viviane WemblyViviane Wembly is a Professor of English Literature at Oxford University in London.
- Sir Edmund Burton Sir Edmund Burton knows about the Transformers.
- Morshower The no-nonsense General or Admiral, Morshower is the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in the United States military. Morshower had become Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. According to him, the understanding with the Autobots was that they were the good guys and the Decepticons were the bad guys, with no grey areas; when Sideswipe started causing chaos in South America, Morshower ordered Optimus to rein in or rub out the errant Autobot.
- Quintessa –Quintessa is a mysterious and powerful space sorceress with ties to Cybertron. Whether she is one of the Creators remains to be determined.
- InfernoconsThe Infernocons are a race of demonic mechanoids who are the loyal slaves of the sorceress Quintessa.