Forget the cold weather and check out these new films coming soon to a theater near you :
The mysterious Mary Poppins returns to Depression-era London to visit Jane and her brother Michael, now a father of three, and helps them rediscover the joy they knew as children. December 19
When a devastating attack shatters Mark Hogancamp (Steve Carell) and wipes away all memories, no one expected recovery. Putting together pieces from his old and new life, Mark meticulously creates a wondrous town where he can heal and be heroic. As he builds an astonishing art installation—a testament to the most powerful women he knows—through his fantasy world, he draws strength to triumph in the real one. In a bold, wondrous and timely film, Welcome to Marwen shows that when your only weapon is your imagination…you’ll find courage in the most unexpected place. December 21
On the run in the year 1987, Bumblebee the Autobot seeks refuge in a junkyard in a small California beach town. Charlie, on the brink of turning 18 years old and trying to find her place in the world, soon discovers the battle-scarred and broken Bumblebee. When Charlie revives him, she quickly learns that this is no ordinary yellow Volkswagen. December 21
Aquaman finds himself caught between a surface world that ravages the sea and the underwater Atlanteans who are ready to revolt. December 21
A half-Atlantean/half-human who is reluctant to be king of the undersea nation of Atlantis. He has the ability to manipulate the tides of the ocean, communicate with other aquatic life, swim at supersonic speeds, and possesses superhuman strength.
Set against the backdrop of the 1950s Cold War in Poland, two people of differing backgrounds and temperaments begin an almost impossible romance. December 21
Gov. George W. Bush of Texas picks Dick Cheney, the CEO of Halliburton Co., to be his Republican running mate in the 2000 presidential election. No stranger to politics, Cheney’s impressive résumé includes stints as White House chief of staff, House Minority Whip, and defense secretary. When Bush wins by a narrow margin, Cheney begins to use his newfound power to help reshape the country and the world. December 11, 2018
Detective Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson join forces to investigate a murder at Buckingham Palace. They soon learn that they have only four days to solve the case, or the queen will become the next victim. December 25, 2018
- Will Ferrell as Sherlock Holmes
- John C. Reilly as Dr. John Watson
- Rebecca Hall as Dr. Grace Hart
- Ralph Fiennes as Professor Moriarty
- Rob Brydon as Inspector Lestrade
- Kelly Macdonald as Rose Hudson
- Lauren Lapkus as Millie
- Hugh Laurie as Mycroft Holmes
- Pam Ferris as Queen Victoria
- Bella Ramsey as Flotsam
- Scarlet Grace as Pickle
- Noah Jupe as Doxy
- Steve Coogan as?
- Braun Strowman as?
Stan & Ollie
Already legends by 1953, beloved comedy duo Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy set out to perform live shows for their adoring fans. The tour becomes a hit, but long-buried tension and Hardy’s failing health start to threaten their new act and friendship. December 28, 2018
A boy becomes trapped in a haunted house while undergoing treatment for a rare disease. The story centers on a young boy named Eli who is undergoing treatment for a rare disease at a secluded clinic, which becomes a haunted prison with no way out.
January 4, 2019
- Charlie Shotwell as Eli
- Lili Taylor as Dr. Isabella Horn
- Sadie Sink as Haley
- Kelly Reilly
- Max Martini as Paul
Lured to a mysterious room, six strangers must survive a series of elaborate traps in a sadistic game of life or death.
- Taylor Russell as Zoey
- Logan Miller as Ben
- Deborah Ann Woll as Amanda Harper
- Tyler Labine as Mike
- Jay Ellis as Jason
- Nik Dodani as Danny
- Kenneth Fok as Detective Li
A Dog’s Way Home
A dog embarks on a 400-mile journey home after it’s separated from its owner, Lucas, who is an aspiring medical student.
January 11, 2019
- Ashley Judd as?
- Edward James Olmos as?
- Alexandra Shipp as?
- Bryce Dallas Howard as Bella
- Wes Studi as?
- Barry Watson as Gavin
- Tammy Gillis as Officer Leon
- Jonah Hauer-King as?
Based on the graphic novels by Mike Mignola, Hellboy, caught between the worlds of the supernatural and human, battles an ancient sorceress bent on revenge. Hellboy prepares to stop an ancient medieval sorceress who seeks to destroy all of mankind.
April 12, 2019
- David Harbour as Hellboy / Anung Un Rama:
An immensely powerful demon who works for the government organization Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense. Harbour has stated that the film will be a “character piece” and feature mature themes and “complicated subjects” that will warrant the film’s R-rating, stating, “It really is this study of this man going through this horrible conundrum and we really get to go in deep with him.” Mignola has stated that Harbour had been researching the character, stating, “He’s texting me Hellboy questions about his history, about what the character would think about this or about that.”
- Milla Jovovich as Nimue: The Blood Queen, a medieval British sorceress who seeks to destroy humankind.
- Ian McShane as Trevor Bruttenholm: Hellboy’s adoptive father and founder of the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense (B.P.R.D.).
- Sasha Lane as Alice Monaghan: A woman of Irish descent who retained some magical abilities after she was kidnapped by fairies as a baby.
- Daniel Dae Kim as Ben Daimio: A rugged Japanese-American military member of the B.P.R.D. who, due to a supernatural encounter, can turn into a jaguar when angered or in pain. Ed Skrein was originally cast in the role but upon discovering that Daimio was portrayed in the comics as Japanese-American, he dropped out to allow an Asian actor to be cast instead. A month later, Kim was cast in the role.
- Brian Gleeson as Merlin: A wizard.
- Sophie Okonedo as Lady Hatton: A resident seer at the Osiris Club, an ancient English club dedicated to uncovering supernatural mysteries.
- Penelope Mitchell as Ganeida: An elder witch who has decided that Nimue’s wrath has gone on for too long and must be stopped.
- Alistair Petrie as Lord Adam Glaren: A high-ranking member of the Osiris Club
A friendship develops between a wealthy quadriplegic man and the ex-con who becomes his caregiver. Adapted from: The Intouchables
- Bryan Cranston as Phillip Lacasse
- Kevin Hart as Dell Scott
- Nicole Kidman as Yvonne
- Genevieve Angelson as Jenny
- Aja Naomi King as Latrice
- Julianna Margulies as Lily
- Rachel Alana Handler as Proctor
- Tate Donovan as Carter Locke
- Mac Brandt as ?
- Amara Karan as ?
- Omi Vaidya as ?
- Golshifteh Farahani as Dr. Gupta
- Jahi Di’Allo Winston as Anthony
- Michael Quinlan as Jack
M. Night Shyamalan brings together the narratives of two of his standout originals—2000’s Unbreakable, from Touchstone, and 2016’s Split, from Universal—in one explosive, all-new comic-book thriller: Glass. From Unbreakable, Bruce Willis returns as David Dunn as does Samuel L. Jackson as Elijah Price, known also by his pseudonym Mr. Glass. Joining from Split are James McAvoy, reprising his role as Kevin Wendell Crumb and the multiple identities who reside within, and Anya Taylor-Joy as Casey Cooke, the only captive to survive an encounter with The Beast. Following the conclusion of Split, Glass finds Dunn pursuing Crumb’s superhuman figure of The Beast in a series of escalating encounters, while the shadowy presence of Price emerges as an orchestrator who holds secrets critical to both men.
- Bruce Willis as David Dunn / The Overseer: A former college football prodigy turned security guard who possesses superhuman strength and stamina as well as nigh-invulnerability and an extrasensory ability to see the crimes people have committed by touching them. During the film, Dunn will go by a new alias named “The Overseer”.
- Samuel L. Jackson as Elijah Price / Mr. Glass (The Mastermind): An incarcerated mass murderer, genius, and comic book theorist with Type I osteogenesis imperfecta who was turned in to the authorities after Dunn discovered the extent of his crimes.
- James McAvoy as Kevin Wendell Crumb / The Horde (The Collective): A former Philadelphia Zoo employee with 23 different personalities whose body chemistry changes with each personality, resulting in a 24th personality known as “The Beast”. Aside from The Beast, Kevin’s personalities will consist of Jade, Orwell, Barry, Patricia, Hedwig, Mary Reynolds, Dennis, Norma, B.T, Mr. Pritchard, Jelin and Samuel.
- Sarah Paulson as Dr. Ellie Staple: A psychiatrist specializing in delusions of grandeur who treats patients convinced that they are superhumans.
- Anya Taylor-Joy as Casey Cooke: A young girl who was kidnapped by one of Kevin’s personalities as a potential sacrifice to “The Beast” and survived.
- Spencer Treat Clark as Joseph Dunn: David’s son who has believed in his father’s abilities since he was a child, and sees him as a real-life superhero.
- Charlayne Woodard as Mrs. Price: Elijah’s mother who took great care of her son and always told him he was special no matter what others said.
- Adam David Thompson as Daryl.
The Kid who would be King
Old-school magic meets the modern world when young Alex stumbles upon the mythical sword Excalibur. He soon joins forces with a band of knights and the legendary wizard Merlin when the wicked enchantress Morgana threatens the future of mankind.
January 25, 2019
- Louis Ashbourne Serkis as Alexander “Alex” Elliot
- Dean Chaumoo as Bedders
- Tom Taylor as Lance
- Rhianna Doris as Kaye
- Angus Imrie and Patrick Stewart as Merlin: In order to keep watch over Alex, and blend in with other students, the wizard takes the form of a child. Stewart portrays Merlin in his real form
- Rebecca Ferguson as Morgan “Morgana” le Fay
- Denise Gough as Mrs. Elliot
Baker Dill is a fishing boat captain who leads tours off of the tranquil enclave of Plymouth Island. His peaceful life is soon shattered when his ex-wife Karen tracks him down. Desperate for help, Karen begs Baker to save her — and their young son — from her violent husband. She wants him to take the brute out for a fishing excursion — then throw him overboard to the sharks. Thrust back into a life that he wanted to forget, Baker now finds himself struggling to choose between right and wrong
- Matthew McConaughey as Baker Dill
- Anne Hathaway as Karen, Baker’s ex-wife
- Diane Lane as Baker’s new love interest
- Jason Clarke as Karen’s husband
- Djimon Hounsou as ?
- Jeremy Strong as Reid Miller
- Michael Ealy
- Jesse Williams
- Nicole Beharie
- Karla Souza
- Guy Burnet as Hoffman
- Joseph Sikora
The original followed a veteran of the Vietnam War dealing with hallucinations flashbacks and sinister stuff. February 1 2019
A young woman battles a ruthless drug cartel to save her kidnapped friend in Mexico. Gloria, a makeup artist from Los Angeles, visits her best friend Suzu in Tijuana, Mexico. Suzu, however, goes missing at a club. In the course of her search and rescue for her, Gloria is kidnapped and forced to smuggle money for a drug cartel. She works her way into the good graces of its leader Lino as well as the DEA, which also gets involved. Gloria must turn the tables on everyone to escape and finds a power she never knew she had as she navigates a dangerous world of cross-border crime. Surviving will require all of her cunning, inventiveness, and strength. February 1 2019
- Gina Rodriguez as Gloria
- Ismael Cruz Córdova as Lino
- Anthony Mackie as Dave
- Aislinn Derbez as Isabel
- Matt Lauria as Brian
- Cristina Rodlo as Suzu
- Ricardo Abarca as Pollo
A man stranded in the Arctic after an airplane crash must decide whether to remain in the relative safety of his makeshift camp or to embark on a deadly trek through the unknown in hopes of making it out alive. February 1, 2019
The lego movie 2
The citizens of Bricksburg face a dangerous new threat when LEGO DUPLO invaders from outer space start to wreck everything. It’s now up to Emmet, Lucy, Batman, and their friends to defeat the giant marauders and restore harmony to the LEGO universe.
February 1 2019
- Chris Pratt as Emmet Brickowski, an everyman, construction worker, and rookie Master Builder from Bricksburg, and Lucy’s new boyfriend.
- Elizabeth Banks as Lucy / Wyldstyle, a Master Builder, who is Emmet’s girlfriend.
- Tiffany Haddish as Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi, the shape-shifting alien queen of the Systar System.
- Will Arnett as Bruce Wayne / Batman / Dark Knight, a DC Comics superhero who is a Master Builder and Lucy’s ex-boyfriend.
- Stephanie Beatriz as General Sweet Mayhem, an evil intergalactic mini-doll who is general of the Systar System Army and works under the orders of Queen Watevra Wa-Nabi. She captures all of Emmet’s friends and takes them prisoners in the Systar System.
- Charlie Day as Benny, a Master Builder who is a spaceship-obsessed 1980’s spaceman. In this film, he appears to have a robotic-metal arm.
- Alison Brie as Princess Unikitty / Ultrakatty, a Master Builder who is a unicorn-horned cat. She has the ability to become very strong by using extreme anger.
- Nick Offerman as MetalBeard, a Master Builder who is a large bionic robot pirate with a severed head after he lost his original body in an earlier encounter with Lord Business’s forces.
- Channing Tatum as Kal-El / Clark Kent / Superman, a DC Comics superhero who is one of the Master Builders.
- Jonah Hill as Hal Jordan / Green Lantern, a DC Comics superhero who is one of the Master Builders.
- Arturo Castro as Ice Cream Cone, a citizen of the Systar System.
- Margot Robbie as Dr. Harleen Quinzel / Harley Quinn, a Gotham City criminal, girlfriend of the Joker and enemy of Batman.
Nels Coxman’s quiet life comes crashing down when his beloved son dies under mysterious circumstances. His search for the truth soon becomes a quest for revenge as he seeks coldblooded justice against a drug lord and his inner circle. February 8, 2019
- Liam Neeson as Nelson “Nels” Coxman
- Laura Dern as Mrs. Coxman
- Emmy Rossum
- Tom Bateman as Viking
- William Forsythe
- Julia Jones
- Domenick Lombardozzi as Mustang
- Raoul Trujillo as Thorpe
- Benjamin Hollingsworth as Dexter
- John Doman as Gip
- Aleks Paunovic as Detective Osgard
- Christopher Logan as Shiv
- Nathaniel Arcand as Smoke
- Ben Cotton as Windex
- Tom Jackson as White Bull
What Men Want
Passed up for a well-deserved promotion, sports agent Ali Davis wonders what else she needs to do to succeed in a man’s world. Hoping to find answers from a psychic, Ali drinks a weird concoction that suddenly allows her to hear what men are thinking. Using her newfound ability, Ali starts to turn the tables on her obnoxious male colleagues while racing to sign the next basketball superstar. Ali Davis is a successful sports agent who’s constantly boxed out by her male colleagues. When Ali is passed up for a well-deserved promotion, she questions what more she needs to do to succeed in a man’s world, until she gains the ability to hear men’s thoughts. With her newfound power, Ali looks to outsmart her colleagues as she races to sign the next basketball superstar, but the lengths she has to go to will put her relationship with her best friends and a potential new love interest to the test.February 8, 2019
- Taraji P. Henson as Ali Davis
- Aldis Hodge
- Tracy Morgan
- Richard Roundtree
- Wendi McLendon-Covey as Olivia
- Josh Brener
- Tamala Jones
- Phoebe Robinson
- Max Greenfield
- Jason Jones
- Kellan Lutz
- Brian Bosworth as Nick
- Chris Witaske as Eddie
- Erykah Badu as Sister
- Shaquille O’Neal
- Pete Davidson
- Mark Cuban
- Richard Roundtree as Skip
The story follows Laura , a Spanish woman living in Buenos Aires, who returns with her children to her hometown outside Madrid for a wedding. However, the trip is upset by unexpected events that bring secrets into the open.
- Penélope Cruz as Laura
- Javier Bardem as Paco
- Ricardo Darín as Alejandro, Laura’s husband
- Bárbara Lennie as Bea, Paco’s wife
- Inma Cuesta as Ana, Laura’s younger sister
- Elvira Mínguez as Mariana, Laura’s older sister
- Eduard Fernández as Fernando, Mariana’s husband
- Ramón Barea as Antonio, Laura’s father
- Sara Sálamo as Rocío, Fernando’s and Mariana’s daughter
- Carla Campra as Irene, Laura’s and Alejandro’s daughter
- Roger Casamajor as Joan, Ana’s boyfriend
- José Ángel Egido as Jorge, a retired policeman
- Sergio Castellanos as Felipe, Irene’s spanish friend
- Jordi Bosch
- Jaime Lorente as Luis
Under the Eiffel Tower
After being rejected by his best friend’s 24-year-old daughter, a 50-year-old man embarks on a journey across the French countryside.February 8, 2019
A woman brings her young son to a therapist when the boy starts to show signs of demonic possession. Sarah, who was a mother to a child named Miles, is concerned about her young son’s disturbing behavior and seeks the help of a therapist. She begins to believe that something supernatural may be affecting him. February 8, 2019
- Taylor Schilling as Sarah
- Jackson Robert Scott as Miles
- Colm Feore as Arthur Jacobson
- Brittany Allen as Margaret St. James
- Peter Mooney as John
- Olunike Adeliyi as Rebecca
Isn’t It Romantic
For a long time, Natalie, an Australian architect living in New York City, had always believed that what she had seen in rom-coms is all fantasy. But after thwarting a mugger at a subway station only to be knocked out while fleeing, Natalie wakes up and discovers that she is self-aware of her existence in a “PG-13 Universe” and must escape every cliché in order to finally fall in love and achieve the happily ever after that will bring her back to reality. February 14, 2019
- Rebel Wilson as Natalie, an architect from New York.
- Liam Hemsworth as Blake, a client and one of two love interests in Natalie’s life.
- Adam DeVine as Josh, Natalie’s best friend and one of two love interests in Natalie’s life.
- Priyanka Chopra as Isabella, a yoga ambassador.
- Betty Gilpin as Whitney, Natalie’s assistant and one of her best friends.
- Brandon Scott Jones as Donny, Natalie’s neighbor, and gay sidekick.
- Tom Ellis as a doctor.
- Jennifer Saunders as Natalie’s mother.
Alita: Battle Angel
Set several centuries in the future, the abandoned Alita is found in the scrapyard of Iron City by Ido, a compassionate cyber-doctor who takes the unconscious cyborg Alita to his clinic. When Alita awakens, she has no memory of who she is, nor does she have any recognition of the world she finds herself in. As Alita learns to navigate her new life and the treacherous streets of Iron City, Ido tries to shield her from her mysterious past. February 14, 2019
- Rosa Salazar as Alita, the titular cyborg heroine. Salazar portrays the role by way of motion capture.
- Christoph Waltz as Dr. Dyson Ido, a scientist who is Alita’s caretaker.
- Jennifer Connelly as Chiren, ex-girlfriend of Ido, who escaped with him from the false utopia of Zalem/Tiphares, but became disenchanted with real freedom.
- Mahershala Ali in two roles,one being Vector, a man who rigs Motorball combat matches.
- Ed Skrein as Zapan, a cyborg tasked with tracking down and killing Alita.
- Jackie Earle Haley as Grewishka, a huge cyborg based on Grewcica from the Battle Angel OVA.
- Keean Johnson as Hugo, Alita’s love interest who also teaches her to play a gladiator-style game called Motorball.
- Michelle Rodriguez as Gelda, a cyborg warrior from Mars who trained Alita.
- Eiza González as Nyssiana, a cyborg tasked with tracking down and killing Alita.
- Lana Condor as Koyomi, an orphaned teen and freelance photographer.
- Jorge Lendeborg Jr. as Hugo’s friend.
- Idara Victor as Nurse Gerhad, Ido’s aide.
- Leonard Wu as Kinuba.
- Marko Zaror as Ajakutty, a Motorball player.
- Casper Van Dien as Amok
Happy Death Day 2U
Stuck in a time loop, college student Tree Gelbman must die over and over again to save her friends from a psychotic masked killer. Two years after the events of the first film, Tree Gelbman unexpectedly re-enters the time loop and becomes determined to escape it after finding out her friends are now involved. When she discovers that Lori Spengler, the original killer, has been murdered, Tree must face the new killer in order to uncover their identity and break free of the time loop once and for all. February 14, 2019
- Jessica Rothe as Theresa “Tree” Gelbman
- Israel Broussard as Carter Davis
- Suraj Sharma as Samar Ghosh
- Sarah Yarkin as Dre Morgan
- Ruby Modine as Lori Spengler
- Rachel Matthews as Danielle Bouseman
- Phi Vu as Ryan Phan
- Steve Zissis as Dean Bronson
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
From DreamWorks Animation comes a surprising tale about growing up, finding the courage to face the unknown…and how nothing can ever train you to let go. What began as an unlikely friendship between an adolescent Viking and a fearsome Night Fury dragon has become an epic adventure spanning their lives. After becoming the chief of Berk, Hiccup has fulfilled his dream of creating a peaceful dragon utopia, while the sudden discovery of a wild, elusive mate lures Toothless away. When danger threatens their village and tests Hiccup’s reign as chief, Hiccup and Toothless are forced to leave the only home they know. As they travel to a hidden world thought to only exist in myth, both dragon and rider will fight together to the very end to protect everything they love. February 22, 2019
- Jay Baruchel as Hiccup
- Cate Blanchett as Valka
- Craig Ferguson as Gobber the Belch
- America Ferrera as Astrid
- Jonah Hill as Snotlout Jorgenson
- Kit Harington as Eret
- T. J. Miller and Kristen Wiig as Tuffnut and Ruffnut Thorston
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Fishlegs Ingerman
- F. Murray Abraham as Grimmel
- Gerard Butler as Stoick the Vast
The Rhythm Section
A woman assumes a new identity to track down those responsible for the death of her family in a plane crash. February 22, 2019